E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Washer Fluid Reservoir Deteriorating

03-12-2015, 02:31 PM   #1
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Washer Fluid Reservoir Deteriorating

Has anyone notice the plastic reservoir bottle which hold the fluid is deteriorating.

I found the plastic filler neck on mine was brittle and cracking and washer fluid was leaking out as I filling the bottle. Over the last few months I kept getting a low fluid level even though i filled it recently and I could not see any fluid leaking until yesterday.

I have never seen this happen before, I could not believe BMW would use such cheap plastics for this to happen. Then I was thinking about what changed, and then I realize that I used rain-x washer fluid a few times and remember that when you put rain-x on your windows it tells you to be careful about getting it on rubber since it will break it down. Also if you use a paper towel to put it on the towel almost falls apart after using it.

I am beginning to think rain-x washer fluid is bad to use especially with the plastic that BMW is using for the washer reservoir. Looks like I will need to replace my reservoir this spring.

Has anyone ran into this issue recently and have you been using the rain-x washer fluid.
Appreciate 0