F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > My Harman-Kardon settings
GetBMWParts

03-03-2015, 03:48 PM   #1
mane
Finland
Rep
Drives: F01 LCI

My Harman-Kardon settings

I've been fiddling HK settings for some time now, and I think I've found the perfect settings for me. I listen mostly electronic music, so bass is in a big role here. But also very important thing is that you don't get tired of listening, but still maintaining balance that you can heard all sounds and frequencies as they should. I base my preference mostly to my headphones, at home I have Shure 1840 and at work Denon D1001, both are very decent headphones.

When I first tried some of my own music, I felt that bass sounded just awful. Tried to do some minor tweaking with eq and settings, but never got it good. Found a settings here on forums that suggested to take 200hz down 5 clicks and 100hz up the same amount of clicks. That made the boomy bass go away, but still felt that bass is not just right.

Then using external microphone and test sweep to see the frequency response curve, I realized that the bass was way too loud in whole bass range, not just 200hz or so. After a week of taking the bass levels down, I've now found a setup that that I feel good about.

Treble flat
Bass down 3 clicks

From EQ
100hz -3 clicks
200hz -5 clicks
2k -2
10k -1

L7 Enabled

Others can be flat.

It felt strange to take those levels down that much, but after listening more it felt just right.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 04:51 PM   #2
stranger
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Interesting

Guna give your setup a try
Appreciate 0