E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Boost Issue Going From Procede to Cobb running OTS E30 map

03-02-2015, 03:59 PM   #1
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Boost Issue Going From Procede to Cobb running OTS E30 map

I have recently had my procede uninstalled by my tuner, to install the cobb flash so I can run E85 and get a PTF E-tune for E50.

As soon as I had the cobb installed the car was a lot louder which I thought was weird (at idle and droney on the hwy)

I filled up with E85 running a E40 mix and loaded the E30 OTS map and started logging. It felt ordinary below 4k rpm than it woke up.

Looking at the logs and sending to PTF they revealed I have an issue with a boost leak. I have no error codes and the car hasnt chucked a CEL...

I've since swapped over 99% of all vac hoses, changed boost solenoids to new items, checked FMIC uppipe connection to CP (I have an AMS FMIC with custom hard pipes welded to the core so my first connection is on the uppipe to the CP) removed charge pipe inspected the o ring which was fine and replaced it anyway and still I have the issue.

The car eventually makes 17psi boost (I believe the E30 map should make 18 psi?) and as soon as I go WOT the target value drops way below what it should be:

I'm scratching my head and I'm wondering if the wastegate settings I did have on the procede may have been related? I had adjusted the wastegate settings to minimise wastegate rattle on my procede, but before I uninstalled the procede I hadn't set this back to 0...

FWIW I also had the following two CEL codes just before I removed the procede, but my tuner had never seen these two codes before:

2D5A (monitoring motor torque limitation) & 2D2E (angle of throttle valve, intake pipe under pressure)

Normally I would just take it to my tuner to resolve, albeit I reside 2 hrs or so away so it would take me 5-6 hrs on a return trip to drop it off and get home and leave it with them for a week then try and get back there to collect the car..

Has anyone had an issue like this??
Appreciate 0