E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Sometimes a tiny delay before releasing auto clutch after releasing brake...

03-02-2015, 11:13 AM   #1
Aashenfox
Captain
Greece
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335xi 6AT

Sometimes a tiny delay before releasing auto clutch after releasing brake...

Can;t seem to find any pattern to the behavior, could do it any time, although I think I have the impression its less often when the engine is up to operating temp, but it does still do it then...

Symptoms are easy to describe; Sometimes (1 in 20 I'd guess) I release the brake, and the car pauses for a split second (if I'm on a hill, I would roll back say 3 inches), then engages. Most of the time its smooth, I release the brake and the car is already trying to move forward, it randomly does this pause thing.

Is it normal? Could it be something to do with adaptations? I just acquired the car a month ago and have not reset anything except the fuel consumption monitor. Only done 30k miles.

Thanks in advance...
Appreciate 0