E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Confused 1 step colder spark plug

02-26-2015, 01:59 PM   #1
brecken
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Confused 1 step colder spark plug

So I bought NGK ILZKR7A for my car and gapped them and everything I went to put them in today pulled the poem plug with the 12 point socket but when I went to put the new plugs in I realized they are 5/8" and my spark plug tool for that size would not fit down into the "tube?". Did I order the wrong plugs or do I just need a thin 5/8" spark plug socket?

They are NGK 1961
      02-27-2015, 08:54 AM   #2
gigabyte
what's for lunch?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 335i

i think you purchased the wrong plug if you have a n54. 1 step colder would be a ngk 5992
      02-27-2015, 10:10 AM   #3
brecken
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks I ordered those now
      08-21-2015, 04:11 PM   #4
J. Dub
Bob Saget
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i e92 N54 A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecken View Post
Thanks I ordered those now
What made you order 1step colder?

I am trying to figure out when I will need one step colder. I'm on COBB stage 1 and wonder if I should order 1step colder before switching to cobb stage 2 after going FBO
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 04:13 PM   #5
brecken
First Lieutenant
Rep

My decision was based off a consensus on this forum most people say for every 100 hp above stock you should go 1 step colder although nobody really goes more than 1 step. I think you should go for it. I haven't had any negative affects from it.
      08-22-2015, 12:15 AM   #6
stanlalee
Major
Rep
Drives: 07' E92 335i manual

For what its worth NGK 5992 are no more. They are now NGK 95770 or ILZKBR7B8DG. I have the new part # which replaced the old part # and they seem to be identical other than name.
Appreciate 1
      08-25-2015, 02:23 AM   #7
Original
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Recently I traded my CCW's with Brombacher with this guy. He told me that he had heart surgery and won't be able to ship the wheels for 2-3 days. He tells me this after I ship out my wheels. When he told he is going to ship it the same day.

So I received the wheels. He told me that only two wheels had curbage and shouldn't be hard to repair. He also told me that the tires that were mounted had plenty of tread. I asked for pictures and I'm pretty sure he sent me old pictures of the wheels.

When the wheels arrived to my location in California. They were all curbed the tires are pretty much bald. One of the front wheels is bent which he never stated on his ad.

I told him I'm not happy with this trade and I'd like my CCW's back. He decides to tell me that the wheels got stolen from his apartment and that he is claiming it since he has insurance.

So I told him fine and agreed on just having him pay for the repairs. I have all the proof from point A to point B. I tried contacting admins here but no one is responding.

I will upload the text conversations if the admin needs it. I'll post on the other sections as well. So people don't deal with dishonest people like this guy.

Link to ad: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1149729

This is the link to his profile: http://www.e90post.com/forums/member.php?u=202644

If you look through his threads you will see my post regarding the trade. However he decides to lock the thread.

F82 M4 Individual | DCT | AG A-05 | STD GR3 IND | Motorsport Hardware | VRSF
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 02:37 AM   #8
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original View Post
Recently I traded my CCW's with Brombacher with this guy. He told me that he had heart surgery and won't be able to ship the wheels for 2-3 days. He tells me this after I ship out my wheels. When he told he is going to ship it the same day.

So I received the wheels. He told me that only two wheels had curbage and shouldn't be hard to repair. He also told me that the tires that were mounted had plenty of tread. I asked for pictures and I'm pretty sure he sent me old pictures of the wheels.

When the wheels arrived to my location in California. They were all curbed the tires are pretty much bald. One of the front wheels is bent which he never stated on his ad.

I told him I'm not happy with this trade and I'd like my CCW's back. He decides to tell me that the wheels got stolen from his apartment and that he is claiming it since he has insurance.

So I told him fine and agreed on just having him pay for the repairs. I have all the proof from point A to point B. I tried contacting admins here but no one is responding.

I will upload the text conversations if the admin needs it. I'll post on the other sections as well. So people don't deal with dishonest people like this guy.

Link to ad: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1149729

This is the link to his profile: http://www.e90post.com/forums/member.php?u=202644

If you look through his threads you will see my post regarding the trade. However he decides to lock the thread.
Admins will not do anything. There have been plenty of scams, even by vendors here, with no help from them.

So if he agreed to paid for the damages, what's the problem? Is he now refusing to pay?
      08-25-2015, 02:38 AM   #9
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Well that took a turn for the wtf...

Op you bought the wrong plugs. And if you are only stage 1, and really stage 2fbo, you don't necessarily need colder plugs
Appreciate 1
      08-25-2015, 06:58 PM   #10
Original
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Admins will not do anything. There have been plenty of scams, even by vendors here, with no help from them.

So if he agreed to paid for the damages, what's the problem? Is he now refusing to pay?
Yeah. He isn't willing to pay for the damages and keeps ignoring my texts/calls.

I've never dealt with anyone this immature before.

F82 M4 Individual | DCT | AG A-05 | STD GR3 IND | Motorsport Hardware | VRSF
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 10:22 PM   #11
J. Dub
Bob Saget
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i e92 N54 A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecken View Post
My decision was based off a consensus on this forum most people say for every 100 hp above stock you should go 1 step colder although nobody really goes more than 1 step. I think you should go for it. I haven't had any negative affects from it.
Thanks for the heads up.
Appreciate 0