E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Hi all!

01-23-2008, 06:41 PM   #1
BostonDave
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335xi 6MT

Hi all!

Been browsing these forums for a while and finally decided to post.

Picked up a brand new 335xi with basically everything but active cruise control about a month ago. Already have 2000+ miles on it...

Space gray with a 6MT:
http://www.flickr.com/gp/10688173@N02/V20t41

So far I've put winter tires on there, replaced the shift knob with the ZHP knob (quite happy), and I ordered a Valentine 1 today (it's kind of amazing I don't have any tickets yet.)

Next on the list is tint (have heard good things about Tint King, see a thread about it below... thoughts?) Don't think I want anything too dark. Also, any recommendations on a good detailer?

I have never had so much fun driving anything. I actually learned to drive standard just to buy this car (literally). The reaction of the poor saleswoman when I stalled on Comm Ave. during the test drive was priceless. I've got it down now, though. Don't think I'll ever go back to an auto.

Anyway, no real point to the post... just saying hi.

-Dave
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #2
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

Hey Dave - congrats on the car & welcome. I'm a bit of a newbie here myself and live just north of Boston. My 335 is on order and I probably won't get it 'till April. I'm getting a coupe 6MT with pretty much everything except for active cruise too - just can't justify, what, $2400? Too much for that option... I'm seriously considering active steering though - just need to test drive one for a bit to decide.

You might want to try Sonny's in Saugus for the tint. They have a great reputation around here. They did my X5 (just the 2 fronts). Came out perfect and still looks like the day I got it after about 2 years. No affiliation, just sharing my experience. I can't really help you on the detailers - do my own.

So did you get active steering? Impressions?

Keep up the smooth shifting!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
DDL
DDL
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Hey Dave,

Did you get your car from Herb Chambers? I made that assumption based on your license plate (we have very close licenses plate numbers and I got mine from Herb Chambers)

BTW, Congrats on your 335xi
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 02:58 AM   #4
BostonDave
Registered
Rep

Yup, it's from Herb Chambers.

Active steering? How do I know if I have that? Don't remeber it being an option...

The car was in stock. It had basically everything I was looking for (had the power rear sunshade which I didn't really want, but they threw it in), and from when I walked into the dealer to when I had the car couldn't have been more than 10 days. I almost custom ordered, but the one in stock was pretty damn close to what I was planning on ordering. Plus I like instant gratification. : )

-Dave
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 03:11 AM   #5
iceberq
Smurfin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 02 LSB M3

OMG IT'S THE NEW X6 SPY PICS

Just kidding, , you got a fast car, 6MT!! I wanted an e92 6MT at one point too but my dad wouldn't pay for any of it. I ended up with an e46 coupe, step, and I had to bargain with him to NOT get an xi. I got my car from herb chambers too. Which sales person did you deal with? I bought mine through this guy called Richard. Nice car
      01-24-2008, 07:20 AM   #6
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonDave View Post
Yup, it's from Herb Chambers.

Active steering? How do I know if I have that? Don't remeber it being an option...

The car was in stock. It had basically everything I was looking for (had the power rear sunshade which I didn't really want, but they threw it in), and from when I walked into the dealer to when I had the car couldn't have been more than 10 days. I almost custom ordered, but the one in stock was pretty damn close to what I was planning on ordering. Plus I like instant gratification. : )

-Dave
If you have the window sticker, AS would be listed under the options. Also, if you're driving very slowly (say in a parking lot) you'd notice that you barely have to turn the steering wheel to turn the wheels. I just thought that since you said it was loaded except for Active Cruise that it might have AC and I was hoping to get your impressions...

Anyhow - your car looks great - congrats again!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 02:49 PM   #7
BostonDave
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by I335 View Post
If you have the window sticker, AS would be listed under the options.
Not listed as an option... checked last night. Also checked the BMW website and see no mention of this feature for the 335xi. Hmm. I've heard of active steering, but didn't think it was an option on this car.

Regardless of whether I have it, the steering is pretty damn good.

-Dave
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 03:10 PM   #8
Mr. BMW
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 M3  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2018 Jeep Grand Che ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by I335 View Post
Hey Dave - congrats on the car & welcome. I'm a bit of a newbie here myself and live just north of Boston. My 335 is on order and I probably won't get it 'till April. I'm getting a coupe 6MT with pretty much everything except for active cruise too - just can't justify, what, $2400? Too much for that option... I'm seriously considering active steering though - just need to test drive one for a bit to decide.

You might want to try Sonny's in Saugus for the tint. They have a great reputation around here. They did my X5 (just the 2 fronts). Came out perfect and still looks like the day I got it after about 2 years. No affiliation, just sharing my experience. I can't really help you on the detailers - do my own.

So did you get active steering? Impressions?

Keep up the smooth shifting!
+1 on Sonny's. They did my E90 as well as some of my other cars and I never had a problem.
06 330i Monaco Blue/Black (retired)
02 X5 3.0 Topaz Blue/Black (retired)
Appreciate 0