E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > BMS meth kit vs. others....

02-18-2015, 09:17 PM   #1
Chitown335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Smoky Graphite 335i

BMS meth kit vs. others....

Since having the JB4 you would think it is only logical that I should go ahead and get BMS' meth kit right? But, just bc they make the software my car uses does that mean the kit they fabbed together really is any different? They have a FSB controller that integrates with the JB4. But the AEM meth kit I have seen also has a FSB controller. So isn't either one just as good of an option? The JB4 should detect the absence of meth with either kit right? Anyone running a kit other than BMS? I am wondering my other options and weighing costs etc. I love Burger but I can find kits with basically the same components and specs as theirs.....
07 335i...M2 exhaust...Macht Schnell DP's...VRSF 7" FMIC...MMP inlets....VRSF Chargpipe with HKS BOV....MHD w/WedgeTuning.... RB Stealths!!!....MFactory LSD...Stage 2 Fuel It...N20 map sensor....265/40/18 Sticky Mickeys in the rear
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2015, 09:27 PM   #2
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

The BMS meth kit has compression fittings and some features not found in other kits like AEM. If not doing a BMS kit then do Aquamist. It's the only viable quality alternative.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 09:03 AM   #3
Chrisruf911
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i...not stock

I put together a Devil's Own kit dual stainless line kit and used the BMS fsb. I went with the DO stuff because of the customer service, tank selection and friends who had good experiences with their products. I ended up spending quite a bit with the options I went with though. It works flawlessly. As far as I know you can integrate the fsb into any system although the Bms system is a good value.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 09:51 AM   #4
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

If you have a JB4 you just need the FSB to integrate it correctly. Otherwise all meth kits are universal in nature; Pump, tank, lines, fittings, nozzles. As Mike already said the only other kit that stands out between coolingmist (BMS), devils own and other generic brands is Aquamist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisruf911 View Post
I put together a Devil's Own kit dual stainless line kit and used the BMS fsb. I went with the DO stuff because of the customer service, tank selection and friends who had good experiences with their products. I ended up spending quite a bit with the options I went with though. It works flawlessly. As far as I know you can integrate the fsb into any system although the Bms system is a good value.
That's one good feature of the Devils Own kit, stainless steel braided lines.
Appreciate 0