Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

02-17-2015, 11:34 AM   #1
jwilliams
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 series

US MDM Coding

I guys. Anyone on here good at coding. And know how to code the US MDM version to my car.

Now i love a RWD. Iv had lots incliding a FBO 335i N54. I enjoy driving my M4 allot, but with traction fully on the car barely moves due to intervention. Traction fully off is just too risky for day to day driving on greasy roads. So MDM is a must for me. But if i am honest changing from 3rd to 4th and experiencing a full powerslide on heavy acceleration on a motorway slip road is more than dangerous and should not happen in my opinion.

So i want to try the US MDM as they say its not as aggressive. It would be perfect for me and where i live surrounded by greasy country roads.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 01:24 PM   #2
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Shaun's posted on US site the parameters that need changing so anyone with Esys and cable should be able to do for you.

You'll find more coders on F30 forum so might be worth a post up there to see if someone's local to you. Sure someone will come to your assistance - sorry I'm a bit far away.

Wouldn't take too long to do.
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 01:31 PM   #3
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Hmm from what I gather from a few different posts on here the US MDM is in fact considerably more invasive/aggressive as the European variant. I would suggest definitely not switching to US. . .

I have winter tires on right now, but I would say that I notice little to no difference between full traction control and MDM mode. US spec MDM shuts down the power to my wheels as soon as I start thinking about having any fun.

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 02:30 PM   #4
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

You're right, I've read a big difference between the two. However, the interesting part is you can see the numerical differences between the two regional settings on certain parameters and variance. If one was to split between the two. would be interesting to actually see what would happen.
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 03:29 PM   #5
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1061243
      02-17-2015, 04:44 PM   #6
jwilliams
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 series

Gtsussex. This would be a great idea. Best of both. Its just my roads are terrible. As soon as i am out of my area its perfect and i enjoy it. But as most of my driving is done on the bad greasy dew covered roads its either slow with it on or dangerous with both MDM or Traction off.
Appreciate 0