E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Brake Fluid Service Light

02-14-2015, 11:40 PM   #1
thebman1212
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Frozen G80

Brake Fluid Service Light

My break fluid service light came on today, and I have a Cobb AP installed. Can I just put it into Map 0 and take it in to the dealer instead of having to uninstall and reinstall it? My SA seems pretty chill, but is this a type of service where they need to plug in something to the DME to turn off the light after the service?

Also I noticed a wierd squeaking noise happen today when I was driving at low speeds but haven't been able to replicate it. Is this caused by the break fluid service light that came on today? The car only has 19k miles.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 07:03 PM   #2
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
You should be able to reset condition based service yourself. Here is something that talks mostly about brake pads, but should be very similar for fluid: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...+service+reset
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 07:14 PM   #3
BMWM.D.
Stupid Idiot
Rep
Drives: E90 335i & 6th Gen ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebman1212 View Post
My break fluid service light came on today, and I have a Cobb AP installed. Can I just put it into Map 0 and take it in to the dealer instead of having to uninstall and reinstall it? My SA seems pretty chill, but is this a type of service where they need to plug in something to the DME to turn off the light after the service?

Also I noticed a wierd squeaking noise happen today when I was driving at low speeds but haven't been able to replicate it. Is this caused by the break fluid service light that came on today? The car only has 19k miles.

Thanks in advance.
Nobody is going to care about your DME map if you bring the car in for a warranty brake flush, nor will there be any reason the connect anything to the OBD port. The brake fluid warning gets reset through the cluster menu. Let them do the brake fluid service (and likely a new microfilter) and be done with it.