E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Will E92 dashboard fit in trunk?

02-10-2015, 05:49 PM   #1
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Will E92 dashboard fit in trunk?

I found a dashboard with navigation that I want but it's across the state! Being that my only vehicle is my 335i coupe, I'm wondering if the dashboard will fit in my trunk? If anybody can confirm this that'd be great!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 06:35 PM   #2
Douche
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMode335i View Post
I found a dashboard with navigation that I want but it's across the state! Being that my only vehicle is my 335i coupe, I'm wondering if the dashboard will fit in my trunk? If anybody can confirm this that'd be great!

Thanks!
If it doesn't, you could just put it on the backseat...

Unless you're planning on having company for the trip and this is why you specifically asked about it fitting in the trunk so never mind I said that. lol
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 06:41 PM   #3
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep

Yeah my girls coming with me lol.. I wasn't sure how big it was in terms of diameter, it's hard to tell if my current dash would fit in the trunk... well... because it's installed and hard to measure, also the navi dash has different measurements lol..

I found on for $300 and I assume that's a good deal, right..??
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 06:46 PM   #4
Douche
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMode335i View Post
Yeah my girls coming with me lol.. I wasn't sure how big it was in terms of diameter, it's hard to tell if my current dash would fit in the trunk... well... because it's installed and hard to measure, also the navi dash has different measurements lol..

I found on for $300 and I assume that's a good deal, right..??
I'd snag it for that price! Does it come with all the modules and screen and cables?

Measure your dash from A pillar to A pillar, and then measure your trunk from seat to bumper, straight and diagonally. If it fits longitudinally, it should fit there regardless of the width (trunk opening is much bigger than dash, I believe).
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 07:36 PM   #5
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

I don't think it would fit. Reason is my e90 could barely fit it in the back seat without pushing the passenger front seat forward and it had to be at an angle..

I guess if you have folding rear seats, just pop them down and try fitting it through the trunk that way.
Good luck..
      02-10-2015, 08:17 PM   #6
simster007
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 E92

Can you put your seats down?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 08:33 PM   #7
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep

Hmm, I think I can but I've never had to.. I have an 09 335i coupe, do the rear seats fold? I'd go check but they're repaving my parking lot and I had to park far away for the night lol..

And yeah for $300 I think I should just get it regardless right haha..!?! I see them on eBay for like $700!!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 08:53 PM   #8
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep

And for $300 it's just the dash, but I'm not sure what else can be used if I'm going to be doing a CIC or NBT retrofit... It's a CCC setup that he's selling..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 09:00 PM   #9
Eat.Sleep.Race
Out Boosting...
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

yes if your seats fold down
      02-11-2015, 10:14 AM   #10
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Hard to believe you own the car & don't know whether the rear seats fold or not

But hey, whatever...

I can tell you from experience the dash will NOT fit in your trunk without folding down the rear seats.

Dash is ~ 54" long, from rear seat to end of trunk is 36" straight, diagonal is a leetle longer, but not near enough as the dash is a very irregular shape.

I actually moved PS front seat all the way forward, tilted backrest all way forward, folded down rear seats, put dash into car thru PS door, slid back.

You will be able to slide PS seat back & allow a passenger to sit comfortably.

It MAY be possible to put the dash in the rear seat area on an angle without having to fold down seats, but I didn't want to try as I was afraid sharp edges of dash would damage either the seat leather or door panels.

In my case, since I have fold down rear seats, it was not necessary to even try...

BTW, if you have folding rear seats, the release latches are right under back lip of trunk along top edge, right & left
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 12:43 PM   #11
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Hard to believe you own the car & don't know whether the rear seats fold or not

But hey, whatever...

I can tell you from experience the dash will NOT fit in your trunk without folding down the rear seats.

Dash is ~ 54" long, from rear seat to end of trunk is 36" straight, diagonal is a leetle longer, but not near enough as the dash is a very irregular shape.

I actually moved PS front seat all the way forward, tilted backrest all way forward, folded down rear seats, put dash into car thru PS door, slid back.

You will be able to slide PS seat back & allow a passenger to sit comfortably.

It MAY be possible to put the dash in the rear seat area on an angle without having to fold down seats, but I didn't want to try as I was afraid sharp edges of dash would damage either the seat leather or door panels.

In my case, since I have fold down rear seats, it was not necessary to even try...

BTW, if you have folding rear seats, the release latches are right under back lip of trunk along top edge, right & left
Thanks for the info!

I assumed they were rear folding seats, and I was told they were rear folding seats, I've just never had to fold them down in the two months I've owned it, so I was only going off assumption lol.. And someone mentioned that German made E92's didn't fold down only US E92's did, so I was questioning the validity of that in the meantime.. I had to park on the other side of my complex last night because they were repaving my side and I didn't feel like walking all the way over there just to check it out haha.. I did a Krav Maga class at my local crossfit gym and my legs were telling me "don't do it dude"
Appreciate 0