E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > VTT Customers' Results N54

Closed Thread

02-06-2015, 05:37 PM   #1
Sales@vargasturbotech
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with a turbo

VTT Customers' Results N54

As more of our upgraded turbos reach their owners we are seeing the awesome results that they are having once the turbos are installed and tuned. So we wanted to create a thread that would compile and share various results, opinions and feedback from our customers. *This thread is a work in progress and will be updated regularly with additional customers’ results.

We wanted to provide a reference point for those interested in our products where they can see real-world independent examples of what can be expected on various setups as well as the customer service and support you get when you are a VTT customer.

Starting with the most recent and what is likely the most impressive use of our turbos outside of our own testing is @The Ghost Stage 2+ turbos making 640rwhp and 582rwtq.

Aside from the typical bolt-ons his 6MT car has a stock cat-back exhaust and is fueled by 100% E85 with BMS supplemental port injection, along with Fuel-it Stage 3, and a set of custom air intakes he made himself. In this thread he shares, details of his car’s setup, dyno results comparing his previous FBO stock turbo setup to the Stage 2+ as well as a datalog for the final dyno run. Thanks to @The Ghost for purchasing our turbos and sharing your results!

Next up in this thread customer @C.Pop shows us that his Stage 2+ FBO 6MT is making 500rwhp & 550rwtq on E60 fuel supplied by upgrades from Fuel-it. He describes ordering from us and communicating with Tony as “awesome” as well as being happy with the results of having the car tuned by Brentuning.

Not everyone does a full build thread, has access to a dyno or takes their car to the track; but some interesting posts from other customers show that their turbos have been installed and the cars are running without any problems from our hardware. Since it is common for customers to have some small issues with fueling, tuning, boost leaks, etc along the way to getting their builds completely dialed in we wanted to share some of their experiences as it helps everyone to better understand what the whole process is like and what they can expect when dealing with VTT.
@Shadow007 was experiencing misfires in this thread which turned out to be mixed up O2 sensor placement and was quickly resolved. This was actually his second set of turbos as his first set were replaced by us under warranty. He had more concerns with USPS losing his package than anything else when dealing with the warranty issue as described in this thread.
@russjonesr with our Stage 1’s who in this thread is having some issues with his meth system that we hope he gets sorted out soon.
@Fundguy1 who is building an E93 with our Stage 2+ and documenting his build in this thread, last we knew the turbos were not yet installed but he has all the supporting mods to make a lot of power so we will be following along closely.
@gmorris is very happy with how his Xdrive and AT car is running with our Stage 2 turbo and pump gas tune from Dzenno@PTF. Looks like he may be headed to the dyno soon. in this thread
@jzeee037 describes his initial impressions of driving the car after install of our Stage 2 in this thread
Unfortunately he hasn’t provided much information about his setup or any updates since then and didn’t ever post any dynosheets or datalogs that I was able to find.

We encourage all our customers to share their results publicly and to follow up with us so that we can offer assistance with the bumps in the road that come along with modifying cars to these levels.

If you're interested in our customers' results with the N55 please visit this thread

For more of our customers’ results check back in this thread for updates and visit us on instagram where you’ll see that we’ve reposted several of our customers’ photos as they were receiving or installing their turbos, as well as some dyno results from others.

Last edited by Sales@vargasturbotech; 02-09-2015 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: N54 Specific
Appreciate 2
      02-06-2015, 05:41 PM   #2
Sales@vargasturbotech
Banned
United_States
Rep

saving for updates
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 06:26 PM   #3
TT3 iN NyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CS

Any customers with the AT trannies? How is the AT holding up?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 06:37 PM   #4
Whiteout335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i alpine white

So 100% e85 is possible without a hpfp upgrade? No shotgun was used?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 07:44 PM   #5
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteout335i
So 100% e85 is possible without a hpfp upgrade? No shotgun was used?
He has a supplemental BMS port fuel injection kit hence no need for an upgraded HPFP setup.
      02-06-2015, 08:14 PM   #6
Sales@vargasturbotech
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT3 iN NyC View Post
Any customers with the AT trannies? How is the AT holding up?
This car is an N55 AT making ~500rwtq and holding. I'll try to dig up some more AT results.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2015, 08:20 PM   #7
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@vargasturbotech View Post
This car is an N55 AT making ~500rwtq and holding. I'll try to dig up some more AT results.
That car is a DCT.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2015, 10:30 AM   #8
Sales@vargasturbotech
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
That car is a DCT.
Appreciate 0