EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

02-04-2015, 11:57 AM   #1
Giggity
Private
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3RS, Audi SQ5

Clear Bra / Wrap - Atlanta

Does anyone have a good contact near Atlanta to get a clear bra / wrap done on the front end. Any idea on what this might cost locally? Just looking to get the front bumper and hood done as I have abut 500 miles on the car and am already seeing a few dings on the front . Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 12:03 PM   #2
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggity View Post
Does anyone have a good contact near Atlanta to get a clear bra / wrap done on the front end. Any idea on what this might cost locally? Just looking to get the front bumper and hood done as I have abut 500 miles on the car and am already seeing a few dings on the front . Thanks!
I've been told these guys are the best around by quite a few people. I think the offer the best pricing from what I've seen. http://www.atlantaprotectivefilms.com/

I know JC @ http://www.detaileddesignsautospa.com/ is also highly regarded and I've spoken with him numerous times.

For the record I do not have film on my car but I researched it a lot.

Sucks you guys are already seeing dings. I've made a conscious effort to stay back and not tailgate and thus far I've been lucky.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 07:43 PM   #3
Giggity
Private
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3RS, Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
I've been told these guys are the best around by quite a few people. I think the offer the best pricing from what I've seen. http://www.atlantaprotectivefilms.com/

I know JC @ http://www.detaileddesignsautospa.com/ is also highly regarded and I've spoken with him numerous times.

For the record I do not have film on my car but I researched it a lot.

Sucks you guys are already seeing dings. I've made a conscious effort to stay back and not tailgate and thus far I've been lucky.
thanks for the info! Just curious...you said you had done alot of research on film but do not have it on your car. Any reason(s) why? Mine is a lease but I would prefer to have it in remain in great shape while I have it and in the event I purchase it at lease end.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 08:00 PM   #4
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggity View Post
thanks for the info! Just curious...you said you had done alot of research on film but do not have it on your car. Any reason(s) why? Mine is a lease but I would prefer to have it in remain in great shape while I have it and in the event I purchase it at lease end.
Just being a cheap dumbass.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 09:26 PM   #5
meauxdogs
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550

You should go see Jean-Claude at Detailed Designs Auto Spa. Regardless of whether or not you decide to do paint protection film or use him or someone else, he will educate you enormously. Cost entirely depends on how much you decide to do. Glad to show you what he has done so far on my car (YMB M4)...just PM me. His work is phenomenal. If you go see him, you are likely to see a new Z06, p85d, and Ferrari or two at his shop. I know he has done ppf on at least 2 M4s.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 09:39 PM   #6
meauxdogs
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Just being a cheap dumbass.
Or spending money on exhaust instead?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 07:25 AM   #7
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by meauxdogs View Post
Or spending money on exhaust instead?
I just have a hard time spending upwards of $2000 for little to no return. I can live with a few rock chips if (when) they come. It definitely wont make my car $2000 more valuable when I trade it in for a ZCP. The 2011 I just sold had a few rock chips and sold at premium value.

Its all about how you are OCD about the chips.

I can sell my exhaust for 65-70% of what I paid. Much better investment and I get much more enjoyment from the upgraded tone.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 07:46 PM   #8
Egads
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 DCT

I used Atlanta Protective Films. Excellent work. Would use again
Appreciate 0