E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > service engine soon(wtf?)

01-21-2008, 09:16 AM   #1
d3l0n
I love the ///M3, but I want 550hp ///M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW330iE90

Garage List
service engine soon(wtf?)

Got in the car this morning. 19F degrees out.. started the car.. waiting for about a minute or so.. n drove off very slow.. doing about 15mph for a good 2blocks then turn left and notice "service engine soon" on my cluster.. wtf?? Now i accelerate a bit more.. this busy ass hole in a rav4 is behind me so im trying to move out his way, once he gets in front of me and takes off i begin to accelerate. Upon acceleration the car shakes roughly.. now I know the car shakes over 80mph, because bmw told me I have bent rims... but we are talking 15-40mph.

Now i'm pissed.. i just from dealing with some bullshit at my dealer... and now i have to go back.. i have been there twice for the month already.

Any idea of what this could be? spark plugs? oil change? bad gas??

BTW: I get no notification in the idrive of anything wrong..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 12:14 PM   #2
epiphone3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3l0n View Post
Got in the car this morning. 19F degrees out.. started the car.. waiting for about a minute or so.. n drove off very slow.. doing about 15mph for a good 2blocks then turn left and notice "service engine soon" on my cluster.. wtf?? Now i accelerate a bit more.. this busy ass hole in a rav4 is behind me so im trying to move out his way, once he gets in front of me and takes off i begin to accelerate. Upon acceleration the car shakes roughly.. now I know the car shakes over 80mph, because bmw told me I have bent rims... but we are talking 15-40mph.

Now i'm pissed.. i just from dealing with some bullshit at my dealer... and now i have to go back.. i have been there twice for the month already.

Any idea of what this could be? spark plugs? oil change? bad gas??

BTW: I get no notification in the idrive of anything wrong..
sounds like bad gas to me. My car did the same thing when I got a tank of bad gas.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 03:20 PM   #3
d3l0n
I love the ///M3, but I want 550hp ///M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW330iE90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphone3 View Post
sounds like bad gas to me. My car did the same thing when I got a tank of bad gas.
well i just filled up... before having a quarter of the deemed bad gas remaining.. lets see...

Im wondering if I also have a tranny problem... but thats seperate... i have auto tranny so when stopping i get this extra slack when breaking.. and this is after they changed my squeaky break on the rear right wheel...
Appreciate 0