F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > has anyone activated ConnectedDrive after buying the vehicle?
GetBMWParts

02-03-2015, 12:46 PM   #1
mastereh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328 xDrive Sport Line

has anyone activated ConnectedDrive after buying the vehicle?

So my 2014 328i xDrive doesn't have Bluetooth audio active but I found out I have 2 choices one is to code and activate the feature or the second is to activate the ConnectedDrive function.

I'm leaning towards activating the ConnectedDrive function but I was wondering how the pricing for the function would work.

Anyone have any suggestions from experience on this.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 01:50 PM   #2
Z_Victor1
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 G22 M440i 👍

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastereh View Post
So my 2014 328i xDrive doesn't have Bluetooth audio active but I found out I have 2 choices one is to code and activate the feature or the second is to activate the ConnectedDrive function.

I'm leaning towards activating the ConnectedDrive function but I was wondering how the pricing for the function would work.

Thanks.
I have activated Connected Drive on my vehicle. I don't know where GTA is, but in the UK Connected Drive is FREE for the first 3 years of the vehicle's life.

No brainer here.

Go here to register your vehicle:-
https://www.bmw-connecteddrive.com/c...ervlet/welcome
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 01:51 PM   #3
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:

Thanks.
They are two separate things.

If you have Navigation then Enhanced Bluetooth can be coded for free.

ConnectedDrive is nice but as someone who has it I can say I wouldn't spend more then like, 500 bucks for it.
      02-03-2015, 02:19 PM   #4
Chris@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: AW F30 328i Xdrive

OP is talking about buying the FSC code from the dealer for Connected Drive. which when you do, it also activates the extended blue tooth feature.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 04:16 PM   #5
abimanyu5
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

activating the ConnectedDrive function well, the price is more expensive
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 02:48 PM   #6
Evil_ss
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328 M

My dealer did it for free for me. I didn't even ask for it!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 09:24 PM   #7
bazan
Rep
Drives: 2014 328GT Sport

Quote:

Thanks.
I activated my connected drive on my 2014 328GT after I have taken delivery of the car... I do have professional navigation ... all you nee to do is to have the dealer resubmit the subscriber agreement (the same one which you have initialed for the free BMW assist services....instead they will have to modified to add connected services to the agreement... they will also be able to tell you how much it costs to activate the service and the duration of each of the connected service... now this is all relting to the connected drive service...

however if you are talking about the enhanced bluetooth function, I am not sure if enabling the connected drive service will give you that functionality... I think that should be a hardware/coding issue. I do have bluetooth audio (i.e. streaming music from my smartphone to the audio via bluetooth) from day one... but I am not sure if this is because of my premium nav of something... I wasn't certain about this and had done tons of research trying to determine if I have this bluetooth audio functionality but yet... not until i took delivery of the car and actually trying it then I confirm i have it...there are tons of info on the net on this but some are really conflicting...

hope this helps
Appreciate 0