E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > My Experience--time line

01-12-2006, 10:22 PM   #1
Max Power
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330 xi- mystic blue

My Experience--time line

I ordered by 330xi (mystic blue, cold, comfort, sport, premium) on 12/1/05. It had already gone into production by 12/6 and was completed by 12/14. It was transported to the port on the 15th where it sat waiting for a ship until 12/26. Up until this point both the OC and the 800# were more or less accurate. About 2 days after the car boarded the Integrity, OC updated it's status to "in transit." The 800# never changed from "waiting at port." The ship was delayed about 3 days during it's crossing and arrived in NY on 1/10/6. The car made it to the dealer on the 11th. Today is the 12th and now I have it!!! OC still has the car at sea and according to the 800# the car is still in Germany. As for Sailwx, it lost the signal of the ship just off the coast of NJ. Luckily the dealer had all of the answers.

The car is amazing. I haven't really pushed it yet but certainly no complaints so far.

The deal was pretty good. about $2500 of MSRP with floor mats for free! Although the wait has been shorter than some, it was still pretty painful. It think it's all part of BMW's master strategy. After waiting for 6 weeks, the anticipation had build-up so much that handing over a HUGE check didn't seem so bad.......
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2006, 11:08 PM   #2
kobechrome
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi

Garage List
That gives me hope!! I'm due to dock in NY on the Jingu Maru on 1/16 and maybe I can have my car by the weekend of 1/21-1/22. You got it in 3 days - that's awesome!!