E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Service and Coding

01-30-2015, 03:22 AM   #1
Antony_correia11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i

Service and Coding

From experience, have any of you had this happen...

Dropped my car off for a check up, normal since I'm at 49,800 wanted to have EVERYTHING looked over.

Wanted them to look at a noise leak in my drivers window, and the adaptive headlights since I noticed they only turn right and not left really at all. And of course the engine and everything (I added on a braking check on there) lol

I get a text today from my SA (dropped my car off yesterday afternoon) saying that they had a problem with the programming of the headlights. I asked her if it would be ready tomorrow, no reply.

Do they usually have a problem like this, or are they just buying time? They are paying for rental so I don't mind, I'm just curious. (Although) I would love my car back. I hate this Chevy Malibu I got from enterprise 😔
I get it, I wouldn't give a 19 year old one of my new loaners either. 😂😂😂

Also, I have some minor coding including auto folding mirrors, and some subtle things. If they reprogram my headlights, or anything, will it remove the codes I have?

Thanks,
Antony
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 03:37 AM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Yes

Yes When I took my car in for the passenger seat sensor
fix they reprogrammed the whole thing. Thats the nature of there
programming setup. I only had a couple of things programmed
in so it wasn't that much of a problem to recode although it
had been a couple of years since I had done it.
What do you mean by braking check?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 06:01 AM   #3
parabola
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 VW GTI

I had my car in once for some DME programming update and basically everything went back to factory settings.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 07:20 AM   #4
Echo335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antony_correia11 View Post
From experience, have any of you had this happen...

Dropped my car off for a check up, normal since I'm at 49,800 wanted to have EVERYTHING looked over.

Wanted them to look at a noise leak in my drivers window, and the adaptive headlights since I noticed they only turn right and not left really at all. And of course the engine and everything (I added on a braking check on there) lol

I get a text today from my SA (dropped my car off yesterday afternoon) saying that they had a problem with the programming of the headlights. I asked her if it would be ready tomorrow, no reply.

Do they usually have a problem like this, or are they just buying time? They are paying for rental so I don't mind, I'm just curious. (Although) I would love my car back. I hate this Chevy Malibu I got from enterprise 😔
I get it, I wouldn't give a 19 year old one of my new loaners either. 😂😂😂

Also, I have some minor coding including auto folding mirrors, and some subtle things. If they reprogram my headlights, or anything, will it remove the codes I have?

Thanks,
Antony
Regarding your coding, them reprogramming the car usually consits of resetting it to factory settings. Coding like auto folding mirrors is just a value change of the settings and them resetting would most likely cause the value to reset back to default resulting in your codes being reverted to default (non- auto folding mirrors).
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 11:35 AM   #5
Antony_correia11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna
Yes When I took my car in for the passenger seat sensor
fix they reprogrammed the whole thing. Thats the nature of there
programming setup. I only had a couple of things programmed
in so it wasn't that much of a problem to recode although it
had been a couple of years since I had done it.
What do you mean by braking check?
Sorry. By braking check I mean that my steering wheel was shaking slightly on regular braking, and I'm having them look at that.

Damn, looks like I'll be going to see Alex again! 😃
Appreciate 0