BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-27-2015, 11:30 AM   #1
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

can't get driver assistance plus and cold weather package

that just seems silly! so what is it the heated steering wheel that isn't compatible?

I am guessing its actually the headlight washers, but then why not take that out of the package? and why can all other BMWs have both?

The one feature I wanted for the X4 was the braking assistance because my wife is horrible at rear ending people at low speeds (twice in the last 2 years she has hit someone while in a turn, they start to go so she looks to her left at oncoming traffic while inching forward just to realize the person in front of her didn't actually go, and BAM). Yes its her fault but we also have some really bad drivers in the Chicago area (I was in the car for one of the accidents and the person had no reason to stop, it was a PRIUS!)
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 01:33 PM   #2
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

There are a couple of solutions:
-be aware of Prius
-change wife
-move out of Chicago
-buy a Sherman
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2015, 01:15 AM   #3
oeli
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X4

Also the driving assistant plus doesn't help you in this case iirc. It engages under cruise control which your wife is unlikely to have engaged during the turn. You'd probably get the collision warning though so maybe that's helpful enough.

Disclaimer: I don't know if ot behaves differently under these circumstances but this is what I observed since I had it. (It's still a super awesome feature though).
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 05:06 AM   #4
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeli View Post
Also the driving assistant plus doesn't help you in this case iirc. It engages under cruise control which your wife is unlikely to have engaged during the turn. You'd probably get the collision warning though so maybe that's helpful enough.

Disclaimer: I don't know if ot behaves differently under these circumstances but this is what I observed since I had it. (It's still a super awesome feature though).
Don't recall collision warning being available in the X4. I however recall with PDC activated car will apply brakes if close to hitting an object, anyone one want to confirm this and report back?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 11:51 AM   #5
Rizz
X4 Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 Black Sapphire Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
Don't recall collision warning being available in the X4. I however recall with PDC activated car will apply brakes if close to hitting an object, anyone one want to confirm this and report back?
I have PDC and it only gives you a warning sound and on my display screen it shows you how close an object is front and back. It does not apply the brakes.

It was pretty interesting at a stoplight once a guy stopped and nearly was parked on my rear bumper. The PDC went off warning me of an "object" that was close to the rear bumper. Wish it would have warned him not to be an idiot by parking on the rear of my X4.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 01:38 PM   #6
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizz View Post
I have PDC and it only gives you a warning sound and on my display screen it shows you how close an object is front and back. It does not apply the brakes.

It was pretty interesting at a stoplight once a guy stopped and nearly was parked on my rear bumper. The PDC went off warning me of an "object" that was close to the rear bumper. Wish it would have warned him not to be an idiot by parking on the rear of my X4.
This--->>> http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=298
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 05:36 PM   #7
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
that just seems silly! so what is it the heated steering wheel that isn't compatible?

I am guessing its actually the headlight washers, but then why not take that out of the package? and why can all other BMWs have both?

The one feature I wanted for the X4 was the braking assistance because my wife is horrible at rear ending people at low speeds (twice in the last 2 years she has hit someone while in a turn, they start to go so she looks to her left at oncoming traffic while inching forward just to realize the person in front of her didn't actually go, and BAM). Yes its her fault but we also have some really bad drivers in the Chicago area (I was in the car for one of the accidents and the person had no reason to stop, it was a PRIUS!)
I suppose you tried Special Order.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 03:07 PM   #8
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Garage List
The X4 will apply the brakes via the collision warning or pedestrian warning. It doesnt tell you which one is doing it but it has slammed on the brakes for me once because of the same reason the OP's wife has issues with(its a one time thing for me).

It hits the brakes quite hard too..scared the shit out of me and everyone in the car. lol

Auto PDC is totally different and doesnt control the brakes.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 11:04 PM   #9
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMB_M4_j2 View Post
The X4 will apply the brakes via the collision warning or pedestrian warning. It doesnt tell you which one is doing it but it has slammed on the brakes for me once because of the same reason the OP's wife has issues with(its a one time thing for me).

It hits the brakes quite hard too..scared the shit out of me and everyone in the car. lol

Auto PDC is totally different and doesnt control the brakes.
This is only with driver assist engaged in cruise control, correct?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2015, 07:35 AM   #10
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Garage List
No cruise control doesn't play a part in this at all. But yes you have to have the Drivers Asst plus package. You don't need "stop n go" package though.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2015, 12:24 PM   #11
Rizz
X4 Driver
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the link..
I must be clueless, haven't noticed that. Usually when I get close to something I have had my foot on the brake already,
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 09:50 AM   #12
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizz View Post
Thanks for the link..
I must be clueless, haven't noticed that. Usually when I get close to something I have had my foot on the brake already,
Wanna test and return back to us
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 02:16 PM   #13
Rizz
X4 Driver
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wanna test and return back to us
Sure, when I get a chance I'll give it a try in the garage there are some shelves in fromt of where it's parked I'll pull up and see what it does..
Appreciate 0