Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

01-26-2015, 10:54 AM   #1
F80JMcD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

KW HAS Install Pricing Feedback

Guys, I realize there's another thread on KW HAS Impressions, but didn't want my question to get lost in that discussion.

I'm in Raleigh, NC and am curious what others are paying for the install? I've called two local shops (Bimmer Performance Center and Black Forest Industries) and was quoted $875 and $675, respectively. I also reached out to EAS to get an idea of what it would cost for an install in Anaheim, CA; I was quoted $350 (I assume labor rates are cheaper in NC than CA). There's definitely a disconnect in the NC market.

Feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
Mineral Grey F80 M3 /// Full Sakhir Leather Interior /// 19" Light Alloy Wheels /// M Adaptive Suspension /// DCT /// Carbon Fiber Trim /// Carbon Fiber Roof /// Executive Package /// HK /// LED Lighting /// MPE /// KW HAS /// ESS E-Tronic
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 02:21 PM   #2
m3z
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m3

Are those both with alignments included in that price? Still I would say that's a little high
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 02:23 PM   #3
F80JMcD
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3z View Post
Are those both with alignments included in that price? Still I would say that's a little high
$875 includes alignment, $675 does not. Called another shop this afternoon and was quoted $400 for the front, $200 for the rear. Alignment not included.
Mineral Grey F80 M3 /// Full Sakhir Leather Interior /// 19" Light Alloy Wheels /// M Adaptive Suspension /// DCT /// Carbon Fiber Trim /// Carbon Fiber Roof /// Executive Package /// HK /// LED Lighting /// MPE /// KW HAS /// ESS E-Tronic
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 02:30 PM   #4
m3z
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m3

I know it ain't the same. I'm in so cal. But I was quoted 450-550 for install, corner balance and alignment
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 03:27 PM   #5
kevin @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80JMcD View Post
Guys, I realize there's another thread on KW HAS Impressions, but didn't want my question to get lost in that discussion.

I'm in Raleigh, NC and am curious what others are paying for the install? I've called two local shops (Bimmer Performance Center and Black Forest Industries) and was quoted $875 and $675, respectively. I also reached out to EAS to get an idea of what it would cost for an install in Anaheim, CA; I was quoted $350 (I assume labor rates are cheaper in NC than CA). There's definitely a disconnect in the NC market.

While labor rates would most likely are cheaper they might not have the same amount of experience installing them so they are quoting high.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 04:21 PM   #6
F80JMcD
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin @ eas
Quote:
Originally Posted by F80JMcD View Post

While labor rates would most likely are cheaper they might not have the same amount of experience installing them so they are quoting high.
Thanks, that's my assumption now too.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 09:33 AM   #7
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Sounds like you're getting quotes from less experienced installers.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 07:36 PM   #8
EuroKar
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

I see suspension estimates range all over low to high.
Are they including an alignment as well ?
Typically just springs alone is about $400 and that is a deal if you are offered at this price.
Ask to see pictures of the kits they have installed in the past. Usually any shop will have photos for their own clients to see.
Regardless, just make sure that it is done right. Springs is a easy installation.
Appreciate 0