BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

01-17-2008, 04:17 PM   #1
drvai
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Waiting list are just BullS%&

I was talking with my dealer's salesmen and he was telling me not to worry because BMW had quite a big production of M3's for the US and that the supply will probably be higher than the demand, even during the first months. Obviously if you want to be THE FIRST person to have the car, then it will be difficult, but that's it. He says that some dealer want to take advantange of all the anxious customers so they can ask for a premium.

I do think this forum is more informed than any sales advisor .... but this guy knows the internal policy of the dealerships (specially considering that they do want to make money)....

People did paid premiums for the M5 during the first 2 months (some people) and that was just because dealers took advantage of the impatience....
A few months after the launch of the car, some dealerships had units in the showroom....

And remember that we are talking about Miami, in where BMW's are as common as sand in the desert.

The other thing is that the complete option list with prices will be available in www.bmwusa.com within the next weeks (that is something someone here already posted... but just wanted to preach to the choir).
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 05:06 PM   #2
ACZakka325i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2 stroke

No asshole is gonna charge me more than its supposed to cost.

And I think few people on this forum will fall for such tactics considering most know more about these cars than the people selling them.

Did you also not know that since that ship went though a storm that the production and supply of m3s is "certainly going to be effected"? Thats coming straight from a BMW exec.

Taking into account that the wait lists at some dealership are upwards of 30 people long, its likely that there WILL NOT BE m3s on the lot within a few weeks, months, or maybe even a couple years.

But, you must not spend much time here
(Waitlist): #1 M2CSL
(Current): 2016 F15 X5 3.5xdrive - 2010 997.2 C4S Coupe
(Past): 2016 F30 340xi M-Sport -2013 535i xdrive
2008 E92 M3 - 2006 E90 325i
2002 E46 325xi - 1991 E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #3
timsev
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Lol. If BMW is hiding M3's somewhere, I sure as hell don't know where they are. I guarantee that there won't be enough M3's to go around for atleast the first year.

And this happens with every car release. At first, demand is higher than supply. But eventually it switches back and there will be cars on the lot.

The thing I don't understand about your post is that you say that this board knows way more than any salesman, yet you are basing your predictions on what a salesman said. If he knows so much about internal policy, why didn't he know pricing before official release? release date? official launch? future allocation? I would like to know where this guy is getting his information, because obviously I'm losing out.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 10:23 PM   #4
drvai
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Because there is nothing in it for him.
He never said "BMW is hiding M3's". What he said is that the production of the M3 will be high enough.

He says they will be able to fulfill the demand that they have within a couple of months. And no waiting list warranties you that they will sell the car to you. If a customer comes willing to pay 10k more, they will be selling the car to him, and this is something you see in big metropolis (NY, LA, South FLA, etc...)
Appreciate 0