BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

01-16-2008, 07:10 PM   #1
Tut
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe (Sold), 2016 M3

Smile M-DCT/ M-DKG Pricing Details

I received this info this AM, and I wanted to share with everyone, I tried to post it this AM but I couldn't find the posting. I am ordering my M3 Coupe, with DKG, this week. I'll keep you posted.

Produót Planning & Strategy
BMW Dealer Bulletin
The New M3 M DKG Drivelogic Transmission (M DKG).
BMW’s commitrnenL ror developing new technology in M cars has helped make the M cars legendary. The introduction of the new M3 with its high revving 4,0 liter VS has created a strong “buzz” among BMW M3 enthusiasts the world over. Now, even before the new MS hits the showrooms of America, BMW announces another new technology for the M3; the M 0KG Drivelogic Transmission or M DKG,
This completely new transmission takes the ft chifting of Formula 1 and the E46 M3 Sequential Manual Gearbox (5MG) concept and makes it even better. This 7-speed M Dual Clutch transm!ssion uses two transmission structures In one large housing. First, third, fifth and seventh gears are grouped in one structure while second, fourth and sixth ore grouped in the other structure. When upahilLing UI downshifting, the system switches between the two structures so that when one gear Is being disengaged, the next gear is already in position. With this design, shifts are exceedingly faster and very smooth.
M DKG Drivelogic allows you to shift gears through either two paddle shifters on the steering wheel or with the center console shifter. Drivelogic offers the driver 1 ‘I shift modes, 6 in manual mode, and 5 in automatic mode n you can tailor gear use to your qwn driving needs.
In addition to its superior performance on the road, the M DKG Drivelogic transmission offers a range of functions for even more convenience. The Low-Speed Assistant makes parking easier, while Auto-P function activates the handbrake once the engine is turned off and the transmission automatically selects a gear with the highest traction when you restart the vehIcle, . .. .
The M DKG Drivelogic transmission will be an available option on the M3 Coupe and Sedan with a retail price of $2,700. The 6-speed manual transmission will continue to be standard on the M3 Coupe and Sedan.
l.irnitd Marnh tO Miy prnd”ntinn nf thp M IDKC flrivlnoin trancmiccinh will hp availahiA in thA MS cohipA nniy Production of the transmission for the M3 Sedan will start in June. There are no production limitations expected for the second half of 2008.
Ordering information and retail/wholesale pricing for the 2008 M3 Coupe and Sedan with M DKG Drivelogic will be available on CenterNet next week. . . .
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]

01-16-2008, 07:21 PM   #3
///MArdor
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

Two for two Tut. Better search next time because Epacy will get you.

Are you going through Baron?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 11:20 PM   #4
Tut
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe (Sold), 2016 M3

Smile

I am sharing the info. as I receive it. It might be a repost, but some of us don't have the time to research what has been posted in the previous few hours. We're all trying to help each other, some of you might appreciate that and if you choose not to read it, then move on.
Appreciate 0