F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Settings removed at service
GetBMWParts

01-09-2015, 04:29 PM   #1
TomDenmark
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14' 320i ActiveFlex

Settings removed at service

Just had my car in for planned service for the 2. time. Only 6k miles on it.

Was just wondering if it is normal that they change everything back to factory settings every time you come in for normal service?

I mean EVERYTHING is factory and no trace of my "profile" in Idrive.

Kind of annoying since here they have about 3k miles between service.

Ohh and the price was 670 dollars and it took them 7,5 hours.
Oil change, oil filter, air filter, active carbon filter, wheel ballance and allignment.

What do you guys think? I think it's horrible and I will forsure be looking at other brands for my next car having these things in mind.

On the side note, when I was leaving the workshop, the manager came and told me that they would change the maintenance interval to 7k miles ( probably going to be 4.5k miles just like the 5k actually means 3k now)

But they could not do it today for some reason and they would call me back when I could bring the car in for this change.

Last edited by TomDenmark; 01-09-2015 at 04:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 06:56 PM   #2
MailmanOdd
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i Estoril Blue II

Sounds like you got ripped off. Why the hell would you pay them? Was this at a corporate BMW dealer?
It doesn't take 7.5 hours to do that. Complain to the corporate BMW customer service, that's insane.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2015, 03:43 AM   #3
TomDenmark
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14' 320i ActiveFlex

Yes it's an official BMW dealer and workshop. (As official as they get here in the jungle)
I already new the price before they started the service, but I don't really see any alternative if I want to keep the 2 years warranty on the car.

Another thing is that not a single person in the place speaks english (yes I'm in brazil and I should speak their language blabla, but still it's a luxury brand and you would expect the people working their having some sort of basic education and skills, with the kind of prices they ask here I would expect the personal to be of a higher standard. A lot of the people driving BMW in brazil is foreigners or really well educated locals) Funny enough all the costumers in the waiting area spoke english.

They do try their best in making you comfortable however, but it kind of drowns when they spend 7.5 hours for the service.

I'm afraid I'm not the only one one getting ripped off by BMW down here in Brazil. Seems like its just their way of doing business here.

What annoys me most is the time it takes and the condition I receive the car back in. All settings lost and furthermore I have the clean the interior because some jackass smeared my seats and panels with breakdust or some other shit. Didn't have time yesterday (wasted whole day because of the "service")

But if I'm the only one experiencing this, I don't see any point in complaining.

ohh on the way out I stopped by the sales department and asked for some prices, because they don't like to put their prices online or in any catalog. I asked how much the new M3 was.. the guy said that they online had the M3 with 2 doors!
Price was 170.000 US$ for the base line.

Last edited by TomDenmark; 01-10-2015 at 03:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2015, 10:37 AM   #4
capt_slow
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328d

Garage List
Sounds like the service center updated your car's I-Step. Most of the time, all driver settings and presets are wiped during the flashing process.

At least your car has the latest-and-greatest firmware now.