THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery i feel like i've waited too long.

12-22-2014, 01:48 PM   #1
rhinothatflies
Private
Rep
Drives: 228i X-Drive M-Sport w/THP

i feel like i've waited too long.

today is the end of the 11th week that i've been waiting for my car. i was quoted 6-8 weeks. i specifically told the CA that one of the reasons (albeit a small one) i chose BMW was how quickly they would turn around my delivery. Audi was quoting me three months. ever since the end of november i've been calling my CA every few days and he keeps telling me that it'll be here in a few days. according to him it was at the port two fridays ago. week and a half. now that brings me to my new issue. the old reliable GTI that i've been driving have out on me this weekend. starter. i want to tell BMW thanks but no thanks now. i don't have cars coming out of my ears, the Audi dealership down the street has a car i would drive. and i'm none the wiser as to the location or ETA of the car i ordered. are these wait times typical?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 02:03 PM   #2
Bimmer86
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440i xDrive Gran Coupe

Did you ever get a production number? If you have that or your VIN, you can follow this guide http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=954995 or call 1-800-831-1117 to find out exactly what stage your vehicle is in.

Assuming you already know all of that, you can still call 1-800-831-1117 to see if they can figure out what the hold up is at the port.

Last edited by Bimmer86; 12-22-2014 at 02:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 04:09 PM   #3
FoxCrane
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blue

My car was delayed almost a full month at the port because they damaged the front bumper in transit and had to wait for a new bumper to arrive. It wasn't until the 2nd week stuck at the VDC that my CA and I found out.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 04:28 PM   #4
rhinothatflies
Private
Rep

so i called the 800 number. my car is at the port awaiting a vessel. whatever that means. that makes it sound like it's still in Germany. but the website says it's getting 'finishing touches' (the step before 'at your BMW dealer'). sooooo gonna have to get more details. and possibly cancel my purchase. then get another one from a different dealer with RWD and the 6MT. hang the AWD!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 10:20 PM   #5
Bimmer86
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440i xDrive Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinothatflies View Post
so i called the 800 number. my car is at the port awaiting a vessel. whatever that means. that makes it sound like it's still in Germany. but the website says it's getting 'finishing touches' (the step before 'at your BMW dealer'). sooooo gonna have to get more details. and possibly cancel my purchase. then get another one from a different dealer with RWD and the 6MT. hang the AWD!
Try talking to a live person on the 1-800 number as they probably have more up to date info.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 10:44 PM   #6
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Finishing touches means it's at vdc, website usually lags. If there was no damage in shipping should be to the dealer in less than a week. Dealer can pull it up in there system for you.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #7
rhinothatflies
Private
Rep

it's here. my CA is coming to pick me up. will have it in my greedy little paws in a few short minutes.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 06:11 PM   #8
FoxCrane
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparana View Post
Finishing touches means it's at vdc, website usually lags. If there was no damage in shipping should be to the dealer in less than a week. Dealer can pull it up in there system for you.
Lags is right. I've had my car for over a week, and the 800 number still says it's in transport, and online it says it's still in the finishing touches stage.
Appreciate 0