E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Questions about aftermarket seats

11-29-2014, 01:53 AM   #1
The Maxican
Hola
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Datsun 280Z

Questions about aftermarket seats

Hi everyone, I am looking into getting an aftermarket set of reclining bucket seats, more specifically a set of Corbeau CR1's with heated seat function and lumbar support (a friend is giving me an absolutely insane deal on them). But before I pull the trigger, I had a few questions I figured I should ask beforehand.

1. Will I get any error codes from installing the seats?
2. How do I get my passenger side airbag to stay armed now that the sensor is gone, is the sensor transferrable to the new seats?
3. My car has heated seats from the factory, so would it be possible to wire up the seat heaters to turn on and off with the OEM buttons?
4. Is there anything else that I need to know? I've never bought a set of aftermarket seats before so I really know nothing about them.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by The Maxican; 11-29-2014 at 02:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 06:42 PM   #2
The Maxican
Hola
Rep

BUMP
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 07:57 PM   #3
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
1. Yes you will get error codes. You will get the occupancy error and the belt restraint error.

2. You can have it coded and I think that will keep it activated regardless if there is a passenger present or not. I've seen people buy new sensors and have them sewn/integrated into the new seats but no sure how easy it is.

3. I'm pretty sure you won't be able to but you can possibly try. However, you're going with aftermarket sits (buckets, reclining racing) so I don't see why you'd need that. However, if you do want to keep heated and go for an aftermarket look, you should check into the Recaro Sportster CS. You'll be paying a big price tag per seat though. I'm not sure if the Corbeau wiring is the same but have a shop check it out.

4. Make sure you buy all the correct floor mounts, side mounts, and sliders perside. Also, do not skimp and buy the cheap stuff. After all, you will be driving in your car and possibly a passenger so it's not worth your life to save a couple dollars.

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 10:12 PM   #4
The Maxican
Hola
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahhvinn View Post
1. Yes you will get error codes. You will get the occupancy error and the belt restraint error.

2. You can have it coded and I think that will keep it activated regardless if there is a passenger present or not. I've seen people buy new sensors and have them sewn/integrated into the new seats but no sure how easy it is.

3. I'm pretty sure you won't be able to but you can possibly try. However, you're going with aftermarket sits (buckets, reclining racing) so I don't see why you'd need that. However, if you do want to keep heated and go for an aftermarket look, you should check into the Recaro Sportster CS. You'll be paying a big price tag per seat though. I'm not sure if the Corbeau wiring is the same but have a shop check it out.

4. Make sure you buy all the correct floor mounts, side mounts, and sliders perside. Also, do not skimp and buy the cheap stuff. After all, you will be driving in your car and possibly a passenger so it's not worth your life to save a couple dollars.
Thanks for the response! Do you know if E92 floor mounts will work on the E90? I was looking on Corbeau's website, and they only make floor mounts for the E92.
Appreciate 0