Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

11-28-2014, 09:41 AM   #1
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Samsung S5 text and e-mail does not show up on my iDrive

Hi all,

I am having a problem with my text and e-mail showing up on my iDrive(NBT).
The only thing that works is that it will update my old text messages on it but no new texts are coming in.

I have checked the coding for it and almost everything was already activated in the iDrive excepted for BMW office which is activated now.

Is anyone else having the same problem, and if so was anyone able to fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2014, 11:53 AM   #2
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Help please?

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 08:32 PM   #3
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Bump for help!

Appreciate 0
      12-05-2014, 10:23 AM   #4
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

iPhone and BMW are like 2 peas in the pod. I was bitching about this when I had my Samsung Galaxy, switch to iPhone and it solved everything. Droid is an open source OS, so there are multiple platforms which makes it hard for any vendor to certify Droid. If you certify one, you have to certify a hundred Droid phones. Apple only release 1-2 IOS phones a year, easier for engineers to certify the hardware/interface. One day this will change, but until then just join IOS family and stop resisting the Apple culture.

It's the same story in the HealthCare IT business, which is what I'm in. Most Healthcare IT companies will partner with Apple and support IOS. More physicians and executives have iPhones over Droid. More people own iPhone with the income over $125k USD over Droid (over 4 times as many more people). - Forbes

So BMW logic might be: "Pick iOS, it will touch 80% people who can afford our cars. F*ck Droid users."
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2014, 08:48 AM   #5
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
iPhone and BMW are like 2 peas in the pod. I was bitching about this when I had my Samsung Galaxy, switch to iPhone and it solved everything. Droid is an open source OS, so there are multiple platforms which makes it hard for any vendor to certify Droid. If you certify one, you have to certify a hundred Droid phones. Apple only release 1-2 IOS phones a year, easier for engineers to certify the hardware/interface. One day this will change, but until then just join IOS family and stop resisting the Apple culture.

It's the same story in the HealthCare IT business, which is what I'm in. Most Healthcare IT companies will partner with Apple and support IOS. More physicians and executives have iPhones over Droid. More people own iPhone with the income over $125k USD over Droid (over 4 times as many more people). - Forbes

So BMW logic might be: "Pick iOS, it will touch 80% people who can afford our cars. F*ck Droid users."
Thanks for the response!

But I think I solved half of my problem.

I didn't have my phone plugged into the arm rest USB, as soon as I did that I was recieving texts messages live on the iDrive, but still no e-mail, and I was able to respond to the text via Dragon Drive so that was a bonus.

Last edited by farbmw; 12-09-2014 at 09:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 10:18 AM   #6
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
Thanks for the response!

But I think I solved half of my problem.

I didn't have my phone plugged into the arm rest USB, as soon as I did that I was recieving texts messages live on the iDrive, but still no e-mail, and I was able to respond to the text via Dragon Drive so that was a bonus.
Nice. It took me awhile to figure out that I have to plug the USB in, before downloading the Connect app as well. Yelp and Pandora should be helpful.
Appreciate 0