E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > CIC drive with iPhone and bluetooth

11-08-2014, 02:53 PM   #1
dest
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E91 320d M Sport

CIC drive with iPhone and bluetooth

I have my iPhone so it pairs via bluetooth automatically for hands free calls and bluetooth streaming.
This all works fine.
However, when it is connected to the bluetooth and I get a text or email, the notification sounds are not heard on either the phone or the CIC.
As its connected to the car, I would expect the text and email sounds to be heard through the car speakers?
As I have it set up to read text messages on the CIC screen, its handy that there is the little envelope icon in the top right corner, but unless you spot that or feel the phone vibrate in your pocket while driving there is no other way to know you have received it.

Anyone have any ideas how to solve this? I can't see anything in the settings on either CIC or iPhone
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 03:24 AM   #2
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

If your phone is not on silent, then your phone should prompt you for the message or e-mail.
This applies if you are using 6FL, listening to radio or something else.
So phone is giving you audible prompts.

However if you are listening to music via bluetooth, then all audio prompts are transferred to the car speakers.
HTH.