EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

10-22-2014, 12:29 AM   #1
wires160
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 Mineral Grey/Black

DME 10 hour lockdown

Hey guys,

I'm doing ED on my F82 in a couple of weeks and I'm very intrigued by the coding options that have been described. This will be my first BMW, and I was not aware of how hackable these cars are. Love it.

At any rate, I am interested in increasing the VMAX for my car before I hit the 10 hour DME lockdown. I doubt that I will ever have the opportunity to exceed the default VMAX, but if it's now or never then I'd like to go ahead and fix it. Are there any other DME coding options that I should consider that will be unavailable after the 10 hour limit?

Thanks,
jbm
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 07:04 AM   #2
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wires160 View Post
Hey guys,

I'm doing ED on my F82 in a couple of weeks and I'm very intrigued by the coding options that have been described. This will be my first BMW, and I was not aware of how hackable these cars are. Love it.

At any rate, I am interested in increasing the VMAX for my car before I hit the 10 hour DME lockdown. I doubt that I will ever have the opportunity to exceed the default VMAX, but if it's now or never then I'd like to go ahead and fix it. Are there any other DME coding options that I should consider that will be unavailable after the 10 hour limit?

Thanks,
jbm
There is a bunch of coding options after the 10hrs. But its unlikely you will receive the car withing the 10hr window. My car was built 3 weeks prior to my EU arrival.

Review this forum there is tons of information on coding from options to DIYs. Plus tons of people that can help you out.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=429
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 10:41 AM   #3
wires160
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 Mineral Grey/Black

Thanks for the link: I've been collecting documentation along with all of the software.

Did you try to change vmax on your car at time of delivery? How many miles were on yours when you took delivery? Mine was completed on 10/13 and I am picking up on 11/4, but I doubt much is happening with the car once it comes off the line. I realize that nobody really knows exactly when the timer is running and there apparently is no way to check the actual timer. If it's measuring engine time, then I would think that it's unlikely that BMW technicians actually run the engine for 10 hours once it's been installed; that's a lot of gas and a lot of man hours. I would also doubt that the ignition is even turned on that long, based on my tours of other car assembly lines. Granted, I haven't seen the BMW process other than through videos.

Regardless, it sounds like vmax is the main option that people would like to change that gets locked out. If I get the chance this weekend, I'll try to look through all of the files I've downloaded to see if I can locate the DME java classes that shawnsheridan referenced in an earlier thread about this issue. Perhaps there are other references to the BSZlt10h job that seems to monitor operating time.

Thanks again,
jbm
Appreciate 0