E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E90 07 1.8i clutch judder..dealer says gearbox out to investigate...

10-15-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
satmann
Rep
Drives: E90 1.8i 2007

E90 07 1.8i clutch judder..dealer says gearbox out to investigate...

Hi,

I have been getting clutch judder when pulling away in first, it's worse in the cold. Car has done 51000 miles full bmw service history. I have the extended warranty on the car.

Took it to the dealer had a technician drive it and he agreed it's doing it but said that the clutch was not slipping but need to take gearbox out to investigate if it's covered by warranty etc.

I had the gearbox changed 2 years ago and I would have thought they would have had a look at the clutch and the flywheel for any play or wear and tear, with the gearbox out ? Obviously worried about the cost but I do not ride the clutch etc.

The other thing I wanted to get an opinion on is that I have had oil leaks for the past 5 years since I have had the car here is a list

Rocker cover replaced 3 times
Oil filter assembly
Vacuum pump
Both solenoid cams

Would it be possible that oil as got in to the clutch but the technician did say the clutch was not slipping.

Thanks for any help.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 12:46 AM   #2
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

There is no 1.8i car afaik.
Look for cdv removal diy and try that first.
Oik leaks are very common on 318i and 320i.
Having said that I rectified it with original parts and slight enhancement done to vacuum pump.
If oil leaks reoccur, you need to concentrate on PCV. As they get blocked due to potentially short journeys and driving like a nanny.
Change PCV, do more miles and drive in Italian style once a week.

I had 320i car for 2.5 years. Its not the best engine but reasonable if you can rectify these issues.
Good luck.
      10-22-2014, 11:34 AM   #3
satmann
Rep
Drives: E90 1.8i 2007

Just been told clutch worn to a minimum. Even though there was no slipping. Flywheel ok.
Appreciate 0