Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

10-13-2014, 05:38 PM   #1
Carcollector212
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Anyone here upgade your audio system yet HK and non ?

I have been looking into doing something to get more volume and better sound to drown out the exhaust note in the cabin. Found a company called HELIX that makes a DSP/Amp upgrade which was popular on the E90 series cars. Spoke to Crutchfield and they currently have no stock but told me its a simple plug in system in the trunk with a custom harness. this gives a cleaner amp signal and full DSP control via a laptop.

Has anyone here looked into this or can comment on using such a product. I was planning to have a radar/laser system installed and would consider doing a small audio upgrade at the same time.

Wondering if this HELIX kit makes non HK cars sound like HK or better and how much better HK becomes. price is about $750 for the harness and amp/dsp unit.
Appreciate 0