Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

10-11-2014, 01:35 PM   #1
AIRHEIR
X3M Comp
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

Service History Not Showing in iDrive

Just got my car serviced in MA. I was traveling and needed car serviced so went to closest BMW dealer which happened to be BMW of Norwell. Staff was very helpful and everything was done on time. My only issue which they have not been able to resolve is this:

1. I am not seeing the service history in iDrive after they performed the service.

I showed them pictures from the forurm of other people that had the service history. They said they had never seen that before and would definitely look into it.

I advised them (based on what I had read on the forums) that in order for this option to show up they would need to make sure to reset the service minder via the scan tool and not using the instrument cluster. They advised me that is what they had done.

They proceeded to take the car back in and go thru the procedure of resetting the computer all over again to try to get the service history to show up in iDrive...but no luck.

Any thoughts?

1. How long does it take for iDrive to update with service record? is it instantaneous or does it have to get downloaded form somewhere..

2. What are my options?

Dealer advised me to come back in monay when their genius is on sight and we can try to work this out at that time. They seem to think that this information will be downloaded to the car from BMW NA....and that it will show up when the car refreshes...

Help Please...
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 01:40 PM   #2
Stevens21234
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 + 991.1 GT3

are you sure you have this option in the US? the only people that I saw with screenshots were from the UK
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
AIRHEIR
X3M Comp
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevens21234 View Post
are you sure you have this option in the US? the only people that I saw with screenshots were from the UK
Good point...

I just assumed the US also had it...
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #4
Trimix
Private
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: F83 mainly :)

Is the same everywhere. If done properly shows up immediately. Apparently lack of training at some dealerships. Cost me 2 weeks asking, but finally took the service mgr all of 5' to load it. Now all ok and idrive shows service history.
Good luck with your dealer - just insist.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 06:30 PM   #5
pdramarocks
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 (SO/SO)

Same problem here. Had 1200mi service done today & no history in iDrive. Dealer saying they've never heard of that and after I showed them the pictures they believe it's "something custom" (which I said is not the case), or "Europe only" (which is possible.)

Can anyone with a US Spec car confirm they have service history in iDrive?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 07:52 AM   #6
jim101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 | G05 M50i (Ordered)

I'll check mine and report back (I had my 1200 mile svc last week). What path in iDrive do you take to get there?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 03:26 PM   #7
Vigilant
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cautiously fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdramarocks View Post
Same problem here. Had 1200mi service done today & no history in iDrive. Dealer saying they've never heard of that and after I showed them the pictures they believe it's "something custom" (which I said is not the case), or "Europe only" (which is possible.)

Can anyone with a US Spec car confirm they have service history in iDrive?
The U.S. F80 version does not install service info into the iDrive. Instead, when you go to vehicle info, it displays the expected mileage and date based upon your previous date of service and driving style. For example, with the engine oil highlighted in my M3, it lists 10,000 miles and an expected date of June 2015 for this service. I confirmed as such with our local BMW genius and BMWNA.

Hope this helps.

2022 BSM G80 Comp X-drive
Appreciate 0