F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Newbie questions
proTUNING Freaks

10-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #1
Vipor
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 Alpine White

Newbie questions

I'd like to pick some of you folks' brains if I may...

As I fiddle with the buttons and whatnot on my car as I drive to/from work, I am slowly getting to know it. Two things that have me stumped thus far that I have not yet figured out and hoping some of you may help answer.

1. Through reading on this forum, I figured out that I can't program the 1-8 buttons for radio/sat channels as I do on my other vehicles. Meaning, I cannot program 8 AM when on AM, then 8 FM when on FM, then 8 SAT when on SAT, etc. I can only program 8 choices total of any combination. Good thing though is those choices can be things other than AM/FM/SAT. So, I tried to assign my iPod (USB connection) to a button and it tells me I cannot do that. Is this correct or am I missing something?

2. My vettes (former cars), my Tundra, and wife's RX350 all have memory seats. One feature they all have is where the driver seat moves back when entering and exiting the vehicle. This comes in quite handy. I cannot find this feature in any menu on the iDrive. Is this not offered with the 4-series?

Any help guys?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #2
W_K_C
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

1. Refer to post #383. You'll have all your preset stations in one place.
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...671526&page=18

2. no, memory seats will not move back
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 11:02 AM   #3
Vipor
Rep

Thanks for the quick response. I'll go check that link now.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 11:08 AM   #4
Vipor
Rep

Wow! Was I way off base on thinking those 1-8 buttons were your typical presets. Thanks much for the link. I know I had seen that thread but I think I only glanced at late 2013 and 2014 posts. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 11:16 AM   #5
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Gran Coupe (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipor View Post
I'd like to pick some of you folks' brains if I may...

As I fiddle with the buttons and whatnot on my car as I drive to/from work, I am slowly getting to know it. Two things that have me stumped thus far that I have not yet figured out and hoping some of you may help answer.

1. Through reading on this forum, I figured out that I can't program the 1-8 buttons for radio/sat channels as I do on my other vehicles. Meaning, I cannot program 8 AM when on AM, then 8 FM when on FM, then 8 SAT when on SAT, etc. I can only program 8 choices total of any combination. Good thing though is those choices can be things other than AM/FM/SAT. So, I tried to assign my iPod (USB connection) to a button and it tells me I cannot do that. Is this correct or am I missing something?

2. My vettes (former cars), my Tundra, and wife's RX350 all have memory seats. One feature they all have is where the driver seat moves back when entering and exiting the vehicle. This comes in quite handy. I cannot find this feature in any menu on the iDrive. Is this not offered with the 4-series?

Any help guys?
1. From the USB Screen Back up one menu, and with the USB Selection Highlighted, Press the button you want to save it to, and it should work that way.

2. Memory seats do retain memory and will move, if you have the "Remember Seat Position" Selection Checked.

This should be saved in your Profile that you have selected.
My Ride! : 2015 428i GC (F36) - MSport, Alpine, Black Leather, MBrakes, Adaptive, Sport Seats, Hex. Alum w/Piano, HK Sound, 400m's, Comfort Acc. When I’m not Driving: https://youtube.com/shorts/ViKD_Hj5htE?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 11:19 AM   #6
Vipor
Rep

Hmmm.. Thanks DJ Rocc. I'll try both of those when I go out to lunch in a few minutes.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 12:24 PM   #7
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipor View Post
Hmmm.. Thanks DJ Rocc. I'll try both of those when I go out to lunch in a few minutes.
k let me know how it works out foryou
My Ride! : 2015 428i GC (F36) - MSport, Alpine, Black Leather, MBrakes, Adaptive, Sport Seats, Hex. Alum w/Piano, HK Sound, 400m's, Comfort Acc. When I’m not Driving: https://youtube.com/shorts/ViKD_Hj5htE?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 01:23 PM   #8
Vipor
Rep

The iPod assignment worked like a charm. I was previously trying to assign it from the "current track playing" screen. I guess that's why it wasn't working for me before.

The seat memory I have not tried yet. Didn't have time to mess with it with having to hurry back to work. Will try and play with it tonight.

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 03:14 PM   #9
cptdaz
Rep
Drives: it's shiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Rocc View Post
2. Memory seats do retain memory and will move, if you have the "Remember Seat Position" Selection Checked.

This should be saved in your Profile that you have selected.
That's not really OP's question. He's asking about whether the seat moves back automatically for convenient entry and exiting, and AFAIK it doesn't. And I really don't think that feature is as common as OP thinks. My benz doesn't do that (the steering wheel does move up so you have more room to move your legs in or out).
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 03:33 PM   #10
crono06
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i and 2018 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptdaz View Post
That's not really OP's question. He's asking about whether the seat moves back automatically for convenient entry and exiting, and AFAIK it doesn't. And I really don't think that feature is as common as OP thinks. My benz doesn't do that (the steering wheel does move up so you have more room to move your legs in or out).
Same with the steering for the 5 series. It will move up away from you to give a little more space for getting up/out of the car.

With regards to the seats moving back; I only know of Lexus that does that. I've never seen it on any other vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 03:43 PM   #11
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Oh ok.

This can be accomplished in Two ways (maybe not as easy as automatically):

1. Set the Seat to the Extreme Back Position and Save it to a Different Profile. Select that Profile on Exit.

Or

2. Set the Seat to the Extreme Back Position and Save it to No. 2 of the Seat Memory, and Press on Exit.

I know not ideal, but it should work.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #12
rjpeaks
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport 6pd

i wish the steering wheel moved out of the way.
      10-08-2014, 04:06 PM   #13
cptdaz
Rep
Drives: it's shiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjpeaks View Post
i wish the steering wheel moved out of the way.
I wish the steering wheel is quick detached because racecar.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 04:14 PM   #14
Vipor
Rep

Quote:
Yes, that was my question. Whether the seat moves back automatically upon turning off the engine for easy exit and moves forward automatically upon engine start.

I've had 2 Corvettes that had this feature. My current Tundra has it. My current Lexus RX350 has it. Both driver seat and steering wheel move automatically for easy exit/entry.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 08:58 AM   #15
BimmerBoy79
bimmaboy
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 Sapphire Black X5 M50i

The feature OP asked about is becoming more and more common. After driving my wife's 2011 Ford Explorer Limited and enjoying the feature, I'm surprised the most economic of bimmers don't have this. As for the steering wheel moving out of the way, it's much more prevalent on cars that have electronic telescopic steering wheels.

A day late and a dollar short.. I know..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 02:30 PM   #16
EBIINYC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 4GC

Wait so you cant have the seat move back on exit? My last 3 cars did this, MB C250 coupe(x2) and G35X sedan...
Appreciate 0