E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Can i mount a meth pump in my fender?

10-02-2014, 05:03 PM   #1
Schmidty335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i PS2 turbo FBO JB4

Can i mount a meth pump in my fender?

i already posted this in the N55 forum but i figured that since our windshield washer reservoirs are in the same spot there might be some of you N54 guys that have tried this. below is the question i asked on the other page:

I was doing some research on meth kits and really dont wanna install one in my trunk. i was wondering if i took my passenger side front fender off to expose my windshield washer reservoir if i could just tap into that and mount the pump next to it? i wouldnt think it would be too hot in there and it would be a lot less line for the meth to pump through.

has anyone ever tried this? and if it is possible are there any vendors that sell the bms meth kit that has fsb and doesnt come with a tank since i will be using the WW tank?

any info would be awesome! hopefully one of you guys have tried this at some point.

Last edited by Schmidty335i; 10-02-2014 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: spelling error
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #2
CHECKERED
ex deus machina
United_States
Rep
Drives: G30, F15, Audi S4

There isn’t enough room in there to fit a huge 220psi pump, the tank takes up all of the space in the fender.
Gone: E92 335i N54 468rwtq
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 08:44 PM   #3
cwarren
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHECKERED View Post
There isn’t enough room in there to fit a huge 220psi pump, the tank takes up all of the space in the fender.
+1 never gonna happen besides wouldn't recommend the washer bottle for meth due to leakage happen to every one i know who used it long term..
      10-03-2014, 09:20 AM   #4
Schmidty335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHECKERED View Post
Thanks this is exactly what kind of info i was looking for! i figured there had to be a reason why people never tried this.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 09:23 AM   #5
Schmidty335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwarren View Post
+1 never gonna happen besides wouldn't recommend the washer bottle for meth due to leakage happen to every one i know who used it long term..
i wonder what would happen if you pulled out the stock ww tank and replaced it with a bms 1 gallon tank? then just attach the ww fill up nozzle to the tank. wonder if that would allow enough room and not have a leaking problem? i really dont care about having my windshiled wiper nozzles spray, since i dont drive my car in any conditions that would call for that haha.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 10:59 AM   #6
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty335i View Post
i wonder what would happen if you pulled out the stock ww tank and replaced it with a bms 1 gallon tank? then just attach the ww fill up nozzle to the tank. wonder if that would allow enough room and not have a leaking problem? i really dont care about having my windshiled wiper nozzles spray, since i dont drive my car in any conditions that would call for that haha.
That's a possibility but you need to remember about the low level fluid error and the fact that the seals on the ww pumps are garbage and those are what leaks and causes the fires ( 1 of several reasons).

I'm not sure why you are against putting it in the trunk, it's the safest place.

Whatever you do, don't use the WW reservoir, it's an extremely large fire hazard. I know a bunch of cars that have gone up in smoke, personally.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 11:37 AM   #7
Schmidty335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
That's a possibility but you need to remember about the low level fluid error and the fact that the seals on the ww pumps are garbage and those are what leaks and causes the fires ( 1 of several reasons).

I'm not sure why you are against putting it in the trunk, it's the safest place.

Whatever you do, don't use the WW reservoir, it's an extremely large fire hazard. I know a bunch of cars that have gone up in smoke, personally.
Yeah i didnt forget about that low fluild light. mine is messed up for some reason and always shows it as low even though the fluid is full so iam not worried about having that warning come up.

Thanks for the warning about the stock ww tank i was thinking about tapping into that but now i know that its not even worth trying. im not gonna play with fire on that one haha.

mostly the reason i dont want it in my trunk is i feel like it wouldnt look "clean" just look outta place. that was the whole reason i sold my aftermarket intake and just used a drop in filter instead to keep that nice clean look under the hood. guess iam just picky

Thank you for taking the time and giving me your advice i apperciate it!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 11:41 AM   #8
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty335i View Post
Yeah i didnt forget about that low fluild light. mine is messed up for some reason and always shows it as low even though the fluid is full so iam not worried about having that warning come up.

Thanks for the warning about the stock ww tank i was thinking about tapping into that but now i know that its not even worth trying. im not gonna play with fire on that one haha.

mostly the reason i dont want it in my trunk is i feel like it wouldnt look "clean" just look outta place. that was the whole reason i sold my aftermarket intake and just used a drop in filter instead to keep that nice clean look under the hood. guess iam just picky

Thank you for taking the time and giving me your advice i apperciate it!
If it's any consolation, it's your vehicle, who cares if it looks clean? What I'm trying to say is, you want more power and there comes a time where Function>Form.

I had all kinds of work done to my car and when the car goes like stink people don't care about your meth tank in the trunk and in most cases if you just install it "clean" and the car scoots people will respect it.

I saw a 1200HP turbo C6 z06 the other day on youtube, it had ghost flames on the side and on the hood of it.

I hate flames. I don't think they look clean but you know what, the car is fast enough where I can get over the flames, you know what I'm saying.
Appreciate 0