THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics NO SIGNAL on I-Drive Screen?

09-26-2014, 07:03 AM   #1
qballis
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp xdrive

NO SIGNAL on I-Drive Screen?

Don't mind the dust!

Anyone ever seen this before? It was raining hard out right before I went home for the day a few days ago. Started my car and drove home. Since the moment I started to car to about halfway home (6-7 minutes) everything I-Drive was completely unresponsive. No audio, radio, phone, nothing.

About halfway home, the speakers all made a loud "POP" noise and the initial startup screen that says BMW came up, then starting working.

Also, about once a month or so both of my subs will completely stop producing any noise at all. I'll leave my car off overnight and they'll work fine again the next day.

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 10:39 AM   #2
plien69
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Yes, this has happened to me about 3 times since I got the car in June. It has happened whether the entertainment source was Radio or Media.

Displayed that message for like a minute or two (seemed a lot longer though), then rebooted and everything went back to normal.
Appreciate 0