THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics USB not working

09-22-2014, 02:30 PM   #1
joshbromberg
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 228i

USB not working

I'm not sure if there's a problem with the car or if it isn't supposed to work. I don't have the technology package and to play music from my phone and charge it I have to plug it into the USB and aux. I wish it would do both from the USB port. Am I doing something wrong or is the car not meant to do this?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #2
bman6074
Major
Rep
Drives: 14 M235i and 07 Lotus Exige S

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshbromberg View Post
I'm not sure if there's a problem with the car or if it isn't supposed to work. I don't have the technology package and to play music from my phone and charge it I have to plug it into the USB and aux. I wish it would do both from the USB port. Am I doing something wrong or is the car not meant to do this?
If you are referring to the USB not charging your phone. Is it a android? I found that some android phones need to have the debug setting turned on to get charging from the USB. I had this same problem in my sisters 3 series.
Some phones work with debugging disabled and some require it enabled.
search google you will find the info
      09-23-2014, 07:30 AM   #3
BBMWW
Rep
Drives: non

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman6074 View Post
I found that some android phones need to have the debug setting turned on to get charging from the USB
Did not know that!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 09:04 AM   #4
joshbromberg
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman6074
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshbromberg View Post
If you are referring to the USB not charging your phone. Is it a android? I found that some android phones need to have the debug setting turned on to get charging from the USB. I had this same problem in my sisters 3 series.
Some phones work with debugging disabled and some require it enabled.
search google you will find the info
I have an iPhone and the charging works fine. I was wondering if I was able to play music and charge using just the USB or if I have to continue using USB and aux.
Appreciate 0