E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Sold

09-19-2014, 10:47 AM   #1
N0Chill 335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 335i M Sport AW

Sold

These wheels were ordered 17 weeks ago at this point and time. I am completely over the entire process and no longer care to support a company that treats it's customers this way. I originally planned to order these wheels in December of last year but decided not to because there was a 5 to 6 month wait on their 11" barrels. I did not want to tie my funds up for that amount of time.

About 18 weeks ago all of the vendors across the forum said Forgestar claimed to have gotten more than enough barrels in stock to accommodate anyone that ordered right away in the original 8 to 12 week time frame. I called Forgestar to verify before placing my order and they assured me I had nothing to worry about. So I placed my order right away with a vendor on here and began to wait.

After 12 weeks i asked for an update just to see what was going on and there was no status update. At the 14 week mark my vendor said he got confirmation from Forgestar that the wheels were almost done and that he would have a tracking number for the wheels by the end of the week. Here it is 3 weeks later and still no tracking number.

At this point I am done... I refuse to run these wheels on my car so my frustration is your gain. I will not take a penny under what I paid for these wheels after this frustrating experience. So please do not waste my time or yours with any "Or Best Offer". This is what it is, I'm not trying to be a dick but this has been a terrible experience for me. I've missed every major car event on the East Coast because of this and it's about to be Winter. No fun in running wheels for 2 months...

The price is $1850 FIRM plus shipping. I'm saving you a 5 to 6 month wait for these wheels.

Specs are:
Forgestar F14 SDC
Gloss Black
Front 19×9.5 23et
Rear 19×11 25et
Wheels will be BRAND NEW, never even test fitted. They should come with valve stems and black Forgestar center caps. I will verify once I actually receive the damn things.

Here are a few pics of the same wheels in similar size and specs for an idea of the fitment.

PM me only if you're serious.

I also have brand new matching tires for these that are for sale as well. $500 for the tires.

Nankang Ns2 225/35
Nitto N555 265/30

For the final time, my prices are firm. I will sit on these until I get the price I posted. I'm in no rush to sell.

BMW 07 Pre LCI 335i e92 SOLD

Last edited by N0Chill 335i; 11-08-2014 at 08:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #2
simpleM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 06' E46 M3 ZCP

Garage List
19’ BMW M5C  [0.00]
2007 E61 530XI  [0.00]
2006 E46 M3  [0.00]
Pretty sick, but you're best luck with selling these are to put them in the M3 forum. 335i guys are EXTREMELEY conservative with wheel fitment. I had some aggressive front AG wheels and the only way I got them off was buy selling it on there.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 12:32 PM   #3
N0Chill 335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple335i View Post
Pretty sick, but you're best luck with selling these are to put them in the M3 forum. 335i guys are EXTREMELEY conservative with wheel fitment. I had some aggressive front AG wheels and the only way I got them off was buy selling it on there.
Thanks for the words of wisdom. Hadn't even thought about that. Hopefully there's no 100 post minimum or anything before listing an item for sale...
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 12:37 PM   #4
Reckless335
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 BSM 335i e92

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I understand how frustrating it can be to deal with that. I went through a similar situation with a different vendor on here. Just out of curiosity you can't cancel your order with Forgestar (or the vendor you went through) and get a refund? Clearly a 17 week wait period deems a refund as a worthy reason. I'm sure the vendors would be pissed if it were the other way around. If you ordered wheels, and then you received them and waited 17 weeks to pay for them. Vendors wouldn't be happy, so I don't see why they can get away with sh!t like that. I'd DEMAND a refund from whatever vendor you went through, and if they give you trouble, call your credit card company and file a claim, report the vendor to the Better Business Bureau. I'm only saying this as advice because I doubt any other forum member will want to pay you just to resume your wait period. You've been waiting 17 weeks so far, who knows how long they will actually take to ship (if they do ship at all) I'd seek to get your funds recovered from the vendor and/or file a claim with your credit card company.
      09-19-2014, 12:49 PM   #5
DLam
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

i have the same wheels but didnt wait 18 weeks for them. glws i have the same specs on my e92 and its great
      09-19-2014, 01:13 PM   #6
Pat@sonictuning
Major General
Rep
Drives: Porsche 996 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by latino1ny View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I understand how frustrating it can be to deal with that. I went through a similar situation with a different vendor on here. Just out of curiosity you can't cancel your order with Forgestar (or the vendor you went through) and get a refund? Clearly a 17 week wait period deems a refund as a worthy reason. I'm sure the vendors would be pissed if it were the other way around. If you ordered wheels, and then you received them and waited 17 weeks to pay for them. Vendors wouldn't be happy, so I don't see why they can get away with sh!t like that. I'd DEMAND a refund from whatever vendor you went through, and if they give you trouble, call your credit card company and file a claim, report the vendor to the Better Business Bureau. I'm only saying this as advice because I doubt any other forum member will want to pay you just to resume your wait period. You've been waiting 17 weeks so far, who knows how long they will actually take to ship (if they do ship at all) I'd seek to get your funds recovered from the vendor and/or file a claim with your credit card company.
As they are custom wheels you cannot cancel the order. The only way out of them is by finding someone to take your spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLam View Post
i have the same wheels but didnt wait 18 weeks for them. glws i have the same specs on my e92 and its great
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 01:35 PM   #7
ethanjoon
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi 6MT, E90 330i 6MT

Just curious, do you know who's white BMW is pictured above? I've seen it around the forums when I first got on here, and it's just stunning! Anybody know what bumper that is?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 03:46 PM   #8
N0Chill 335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by latino1ny View Post

I would have went that route but I used a couple different cards over the 8 weeks that I paid for them. Not trying to deal with that headache plus it's not the vendors fault. They have been excellent the whole time, I don't want them to lose the sale because Forgestar fucked up. They have taken really good care of me on past orders and i plan on using them for future orders as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 03:51 PM   #9
N0Chill 335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLam View Post
I really loved the design and the look of these wheels. I chose these over CCWs. But this entire experience has left a sour taste in my mouth so I'm just gonna let this 1 go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat@sonictuning View Post
As they are custom wheels you cannot cancel the order. The only way out of them is by finding someone to take your spot.

Pat is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktis_Conviction View Post
Just curious, do you know who's white BMW is pictured above? I've seen it around the forums when I first got on here, and it's just stunning! Anybody know what bumper that is?
That is PJDIZZLE'S car. He recently sold it to his sister and got a C63 AMG Coupe. He's an awesome guy. Helped me out tremendously with selecting the specs for these wheels. As well as Tee and Project335i.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 04:25 PM   #10
tova86
RACE CAR!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i AW sedan

So u still dont know when ur gona get the wheels?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 06:25 PM   #11
N0Chill 335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tova86 View Post
So u still dont know when ur gona get the wheels?
No. But I put this up to see if there is any interest in them. Also, so those who are interested can get their finances in order to buy them. Instead of getting them and then listing them. I already know they're coming, just waiting for them to show up.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2014, 08:07 PM   #12
N0Chill 335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

SOLD
Appreciate 0