Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

09-19-2014, 09:18 AM   #1
hacxyzzy
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: e46 M3, SO/SB M4 MT

BMW Canada's "Delivery Experience" call

I got a robo-call on a my cell yesterday but before I hung up I found out it was BMW Canada calling me asking me follow up questions (I have submitted the survey). I got into a long 25 minute chat with them regarding the highs (love the car! ) and the lows (logistics and other issues ). Among the items that I mentioned are:

- lack of a punch list for post pick up options to set up and how. I had to search the net, post questions here, for some of the details regarding BMW assist setup (iPhone apps), satellite setup, etc.

- no mention of dealer supplied items that I need to purchase in order to utilize options ordered for my car

- incomplete and unsatisfactory descriptions of the myriad of "protection" options available (well what they try to push on you). It was so bad that I only received contract details and the exclusions for each when I was signing the last of the paperwork - and this was despite me asking for it weeks prior.

My question is, does any of this sink in with BMW Canada? I made the comment to the rep that I can't be the first one with such complaints and that the only conclusion I can draw is that this must be a situation that they know about and have allowed to fester. I've purchased several BMWs throughout my life and honestly can't recall it being this bad. Perhaps this is all a side effect of me getting old and cranky, but on second thought, I rule this possibility out
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #2
In AWD We Trust
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i GC xDrive

Garage List
I guess I might be getting a call like this soon too. Just submitted the survey about a week ago.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2014, 08:47 PM   #3
Mikster
Maverick
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80

Hmm. How long after your delivery did you get the call? I haven't gotten anything yet, although it has only been a few days.
M
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 05:59 AM   #4
egalley
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2020 M340i, 2019 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
It's been 2 and a half weeks I haven't gotten a call yet. So far all I got was an email survey about my experience with the dealer.
      09-22-2014, 12:03 PM   #5
hacxyzzy
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: e46 M3, SO/SB M4 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikster View Post
Hmm. How long after your delivery did you get the call? I haven't gotten anything yet, although it has only been a few days.
M
I picked up my car on August 12th and received a survey email on August 20th.
The call from BMW Canada came September 18th.
Appreciate 0