THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Best intakes ??

09-18-2014, 05:38 AM   #1
sdm235
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i black/black

Best intakes ??

Yes I have been reading blogs on here about them but was just curious if there was any company or setup that maybe I missed..I'm personally only into performance my self I don't care if it's bright pink or looks funny as long as it works good for dd and track... but still would like to hear different feedback of all types for those who would like to share.. I know there's gruppe m, afe (also isn't there few different types from afe that will work?) dinan is coming out with one soon, bms, k&n drop in or simular, agency power, sgear, and yeah lol that's about all I can think of at this time .. anyone made any custom version yet ? Or am I way over thinking this lol I know kinda like exhaust power gains are prob going to be only few hp/tq difference but still just curious so hopefully this thread will get some life... ok cool thanks also if there already is a thread with this question then sorry for the repeat and yes I just posted this min ago in wrong spot
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 08:03 AM   #2
G-Mann
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4CX

I was hesitant about getting a CAI cause they just don’t net the gains as in past days. I have seen a couple of positive results, nothing earth shattering, with the AFE and I prefer a closed box so I decided to go that route. I plan on doing a down pipe and full cat back down the road and hope the accumulation effect of the whole setup nets me the maximum gains. Basically what are minimal gains with stock components turn into better gains with additional after-market pieces in the equation.

Good luck with your research and decision.

2022 M4 Comp X
2021 M440ix - Sold
2015 M235 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 11:20 AM   #3
Discover
Rep
Drives: Alpina White M235i

same as G-Mann...

Just ordered the aFe Momentum.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

If you are looking for a closed BOX AFE is a really good option, if you are looking for a an open intake BMS and AFE are good options.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 09:34 PM   #5
boost82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mann View Post
I was hesitant about getting a CAI cause they just don’t net the gains as in past days. I have seen a couple of positive results, nothing earth shattering, with the AFE and I prefer a closed box so I decided to go that route. I plan on doing a down pipe and full cat back down the road and hope the accumulation effect of the whole setup nets me the maximum gains. Basically what are minimal gains with stock components turn into better gains with additional after-market pieces in the equation.

Good luck with your research and decision.
All depends on the oem unit as well. Some turbo cars have very restrictive stock intakes to muffle turbo sound, so intakes really make a difference on those cars especially when they are tuned. I thought I saw a dyno on here somewhere and it showed 10whp gain from a intake. He did a bunch of runs with different maps and hardware configs. 10whp is worth it imo
Appreciate 0