ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-17-2014, 08:32 PM   #1
dragonfire6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4 3.0i w/Premium Pkg

Atlanta Area: Can anyone test drive a car for me?

Hi,

I have a weird question/request to ask the Atlanta area members (most of which I think I have already PM'd).

I'm looking to purchase a Z4 at a dealer in Alpharetta and the sales rep I spoke with said that the car drives fine but "the revs went higher than he expected" when he took it out. I tried to get a better explanation but that didn't happen. I live in Florida and for me to check out the car myself, would be a couple hundred dollars for a flight and rental car and I would hate to get there and there is some obvious catastrophic issue that the dealer "omitted" and instead of driving the car home, I'm flying home.

So my request is, if you are near Alpharetta AND bored, would you mind checking the car out for me? I could pay you $50 via PayPal for your time, test drive and your honest opinion about the car. It's a 6spd and I would really like to know (if possible) what the sales rep was talking about. I would really just like the opinion of a 3rd party vs a sales guy. If it seems to be a small issue or maybe he doesn't really know how to drive a stick, I'll fly up on Friday, take it to United BMW in Roswell and hopefully be back on the road before traffic hits downtown.

The dealership:
Car Online
10425 Alpharetta Street
Roswell, GA 30075

The car: http://www.atlantacaronline.com/2004..._228876438.veh
2004 Z4 3.0i 6spd

If you are up for it, please text me any time tonight at 407-399-8999

Thanks,
Chris
Appreciate 0