E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > New owner seeking information.

09-17-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
EdmJunky
El Jefey
Rep
Drives: 09 E90

New owner seeking information.

Whats up guys, I just recently purchased my first bmw. It is an e90 lci. I'm basically just trying to break into the world of bmw's here. I do have some basic knowledge and understanding of the car thus far but I know there's plenty more that I still need to learn about it. I was wondering if some of you guys could answer some of my questions. The first question I have is are there any software updates I would want to check for? Whether its an update for idrive or anything else that may require updates in the car. Also seeing as its a car I recently bought, I'm worried about the mileage being altered prior to me purchasing it. Would that be an easy thing to do, or is there any way I can check to see if this has been done? I'm sure I'll have more questions to come but for now that is all that comes to mind. I'm expecting some of you to give me the infamous "use the search button" response, that can't be helped. I do my research and I know how to search, what I'm looking for here is further input and/or direct answers to questions I maybe wasn't able to find a clear answer for. Anyway all help would be appreciated and I do look forward to becoming an active member of this forum. Thanks in advance my dudes.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
BashShah
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan

Welcome to the club.
All I can say is Read some of the sticky forum topics.

Best help out there, or simply ask on the forum what you don't understand or can't find.

DN
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 07:20 PM   #3
EdmJunky
El Jefey
Rep
Drives: 09 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
Welcome to the club.
All I can say is Read some of the sticky forum topics.

Best help out there, or simply ask on the forum what you don't understand or can't find.

DN
Thanks man, definitely going to be doing a lot of that over the next few days. I'm putting pieces of information together little by little.
Appreciate 0