E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Home broken into while asleep (Bromley Kent)

09-11-2014, 04:52 AM   #1
hargreaves1
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Home broken into while asleep (Bromley Kent)

Hi guys,

Just had a call from the other half asking why I'd left every single draw possible open in our kitchen and why have I left all the living room draws open to this morning before I went to work (I leave at 05:45) and I didn't do any of the above.

I asked her not to touch anything and check the front door and frame, she replied its got marks to show forced entry. So have the police there now.

Luckily I keep the keys to our cars in our bedroom due to noticing the same car on a few occasions drive by very slowly eyeing my 335i up so can only assume they was looking for my keys.

I have noticed a few guys on here say they are from Bromley as well so just thought I'd let you know and be vigilante.

Hopefully I catch the f*ckers that I've noticed driving past!!

Just thankful they didn't venture upstairs and my family and i are safe but still not a nice feeling knowing they was in our home while we slept.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 05:10 AM   #2
themanthatcan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i MSport

Sounds like you were very lucky they left empty-handed matey, but keeping your keys in the bedroom is just asking for trouble. In these situations do you really want to give them a reason to come upstairs and potentially threaten or cause harm to your family?
      09-11-2014, 05:11 AM   #3
rufnekfatboy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport Conv

Bloody Hell Mate... That's Shocking!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 05:20 AM   #4
Rush 335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Holly crap dude. Thats terrible... a bit scary and a lot infuriating!

Did you manage to get a good decryption of the 'scout' car? I hope they catch the twats....
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 05:33 AM   #5
Juz5i
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2 F87  [0.00]
We had exactly the same a few years ago mate.

The fuckers took out a rear window from the frame and grabbed the keys to my girlfriends astra VXR. We did mange to get the car back but needed new alloy & front bumper. Plus she kinda fell out of love for the car after that.

We now have house fully alarmed and have renewed all the windows to more modern/stronger ones. Also considering CCTV aswell soon. You have to do enough to make them move on to the next house unfortunately.

I hope you do catch them mate. Scummy cvnts need teaching a lesson.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 05:45 AM   #6
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

as much as our cars mean to us, sometimes it's not the best idea to keep the keys near our family?

not gonna lie, if you didn't leave the keys upstairs, they probably would have stolen the car... but imagine they had come upstairs and harmed you or your other half for the keys?

i dunno, i have mixed feelings lol... i just lock all the doors and have installed a high end alarm system to my car...

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
THE BUILD THREAD|COMPILATION OF PHOTOS
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 06:02 AM   #7
JP.Williams
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Bromley is getting bad to be fair! a little old couples house got broken into in pettswood the other month. someone knocked the door at night and forced their way in.

some little s**ts tired getting into my garage last week whilst i was fitting my JB4 (left the door open slightly for fresh air). could hear them walking down my drive giving it the biggen as soon as i said something they ran.

i dont think people would go up stairs in the house. they want to avoid being seen/caught. but lucky escape there pal!

should defo get a house alarm! i could sleep without mine on! ADT FTW!

Forgot to say. Glad you and your family are ok! Insurance will sort the rest. Blood is more important then metal!
      09-11-2014, 06:09 AM   #8
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by achu View Post
as much as our cars mean to us, sometimes it's not the best idea to keep the keys near our family?

not gonna lie, if you didn't leave the keys upstairs, they probably would have stolen the car... but imagine they had come upstairs and harmed you or your other half for the keys?

i dunno, i have mixed feelings lol... i just lock all the doors and have installed a high end alarm system to my car...
True, but I imagine many of them are scummy cowards with no brains.

I'm looking at a way to wire in a hidden tracker, should my lovely 335i ever get pinched. I don't want one which I have to charge. I just know the day something ever happened would be the day I didn't charge it and it'd be a ticking clock trying to find the car before the battery ran out.

I keep my keys in my room now as well. Along with my golf clubs and air rifle etc.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 07:08 AM   #9
hargreaves1
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks guys.

I'd happily hand the keys over if they did come upstairs just counting my lucky stars they didn't and I still have my car and my family is safe of all things.

Got a man coming round to install CCTV and kick stop to the door frame to prevent forced entry.

Scummy world we live in.

The car was obv on order as they didn't touch the ipad, laptop, iphone, wallet and purse.

Cars going to bmw for a sleep over tonight for a security software update as well.

Last edited by hargreaves1; 09-11-2014 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 07:14 AM   #10
hargreaves1
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Police have also informed me another BMW was stolen early hours this morning from Keston which is ten minutes up the road from me.

Same thing forced entry but managed to get the keys.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 07:25 AM   #11
av_guy
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 335D MSport Space Grey

I am sad and sorry to hear. I am pleased that you and your family were unhurt.

We had the same occur to us last October, a few weeks after we moved into our new home, newly double-glazed, plastered, porch built and all done-up and a couple of bods tried to force open our front window (damaged both window and entire frame, had to be replaced) and front porch door (slightly damaged the door frame, plastic filled and like factory-new again). Luckily, they were unsuccessful in getting in due to the multi-point security and hook bolts. Then they tried forcing through the rear conservatory with hardwood doors, at which point I heard the viabrations and went downstairs with some heavy "material" - they ran off. This cost us a further £3000 (after our renovations) to rectify and we did not claim as we had only just moved in after our renovations.

We now have LED security lights x 3 at 30W each (brighter than 50w halogens) and wide spread, high-end monitored alarm (Honeywell) and CCTV - so far so good. We also have timer lights.

The sad part is that my car stays in my parents garage (6 miles away) until I have my double garage, play/den room and kitchen built.

Keys to our home, car and other stuff stay very near me when I sleep, together with the heavy "material" but I can see how this could work to my detriment, so I may reconsider placement. It feels like living in fear/fort knox but I really don't need the hassle - just need the little b******s to move on/away.

Best of luck!

P.S. Next, I am going to install low power lasers to fry 'em... joking, to trigger the alarm upon breaking the beam (infra-red beams to you and I).
E90 LCI 335D MSport|Space Grey|Sunroof|Visibility|F&R Sensors|Leccy Fold Ext Dim Int & Ext Mirrors|Media Pack Pro|Voice & USB|DAB & DVB|HK L7|Black Leather|Leccy Seats|Lumbar & Heat|Type 313 19" Performance Pack Wheels|Trackstar|Protect & Care|Service Inclusive

Last edited by av_guy; 09-12-2014 at 03:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 07:27 AM   #12
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
damn!!!...sorry to hear this OP....

and i was looking to move to chislehurst, petts wood, elmstead woods etc....

fucking cunts deserve to get raped and castrated.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 08:56 AM   #13
john-vfr
spender of the kids inheritance
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW xdrive touring

Best burglar alarm
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 09:46 AM   #14
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

This is shocking!!!! Glad no one was hurt and and nothing else went missing...

Did they not steal anything whilst in the house?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 11:27 AM   #15
surrey 335i
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i E91 sport, 123d + others

worrying, glad to hear all ok.
what home security systems (alarms or alarms plus cctv) do people recommend (without spending a fortune).
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #16
Greg330
Major
Rep
Drives: E91 335i

Its awful to think someone else was in your house whilst you were asleep. MAkes me think more about home security....
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #17
hargreaves1
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Sorry to hear that also AV_Guy not nice since you had only just moved in as well.

Josh1a1h no mate, totally ignored an ipad, 2 laptops and iphones.
All keys to patio, backdoor etc are accounted for also.

LED security light now installed to cover the front drive with CCTV all round the house but its only half complete and the guys back Saturday morning to complete.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 04:56 PM   #18
BMWChap
Major
Rep
Drives: F32

No house alarm , also publicly telling everyone where you keep your car keys

I'm glad you and your family were unharmed and the feckers left empty handed!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 02:27 PM   #19
hargreaves1
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

House alarm and completion off CCTV with be done tomorrow with direct link to the old bill.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2014, 02:22 AM   #20
jimborae
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 335i M-Sport LCI Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-vfr View Post
Best burglar alarm
So true, just get a big dog with loud bark and reputation alone tends to keep the scum away.

In my youth our family had German Shepherds and Rottweiler's at various stages and not only do they make great theft deterrents but they make great pets too (if trained properly).

One we had was an 8 stone retired police dog and one night we had scum come down the drive looking to cause trouble. Sultan kicked off but that didn't get rid of them so I told him to be quiet took him round the side of the house and let him go. Never seen folk run so fast in all my life and after that there was never any more trouble.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2014, 04:13 AM   #21
JP.Williams
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hargreaves1 View Post
House alarm and completion off CCTV with be done tomorrow with direct link to the old bill.
Good lad!

i cant leave the house or go to sleep without knowing mine is on! just for that peace of mind.
      09-13-2014, 04:47 AM   #22
Ajerthan
Bimmaaaa
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 325  [0.00]
Good Shout OP

Personal experience sometimes you might as well loose valuables than loved ones. These kind of experiences scares females for life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimborae View Post
So true, just get a big dog with loud bark and reputation alone tends to keep the scum away.

In my youth our family had German Shepherds and Rottweiler's at various stages and not only do they make great theft deterrents but they make great pets too (if trained properly).

One we had was an 8 stone retired police dog and one night we had scum come down the drive looking to cause trouble. Sultan kicked off but that didn't get rid of them so I told him to be quiet took him round the side of the house and let him go. Never seen folk run so fast in all my life and after that there was never any more trouble.
LOL

InstaGram: Ajerthan
Appreciate 0