THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums UNITED KINGDOM 2 SERIES DIESEL COUPE 220d SE 2dr

09-05-2014, 12:16 PM   #1
sprogg
Registered
Rep
Drives: 220d SE

2 SERIES DIESEL COUPE 220d SE 2dr

Recently ordered a new 2 Series diesel 220d SE 2dr Solid - Alpine White / Move Cloth - Anthracite ordered. expected delivery date 17 Nov.

I'd like suggestions on any modifications/after market changes I can make to personalise the car. Having looked at pictures, I see there are mirror covers, side trims (black) and other mods available for the after market.

The only 'extras' ordered with the car are heated front seats. The rest is standard.
Daytime running lights/Rear parking distance control/Satin silver interior trim/17" light Y spoke alloy wheels - style 380/Bluetooth hands free telephone connection with USB audio interface

I noticed there's 2 iphone5 cradle options. Which cradle is recommended?
Not gone with the satnav - been driving long enough and can count the number of times I've been lost on one hand, plus the phone has built in nav anyway.

Would appreciate some input as really looking forward to getting the car. It was ordered in July. 18 weeks from order to delivery seems a long time.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 02:13 PM   #2
smanoj77
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw m240i

18 weeks sounds about right. Mine has been 16 weeks since order. Just got word that production is complete. Awaiting quality control and shipment.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 02:36 PM   #3
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

My M235i ordered on August the 4th is available for me to pick up tomorrow sadly I am away so can't collect but quite impressed with 5 weeks from order to delivery.

Assuming you haven't specced all the media stuff you only need the basic cradle for your iPhone.
      09-07-2014, 07:08 AM   #4
markm92
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 220d M Sport

Production and arrival date just depends on the dealer.. I ordered mine in Ballymena on 25th August and I believe it is expected to arrive end of Sept/start of Oct, but from the Belfast dealer it wouldn't have been due until February/March time!

What cradles are you looking at? If it's the snap-in adapter that would require the enhanced bluetooth package, fyi!

If you looking at bodywork mods, the M performance black front grilles are great and not too expensive either.. think they are around £90 + fitting.. would look great on the white. I've ordered mine in estoril blue and will definitely be one of the first things I get!

Lookin forward to seeing the pictures of the car
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
markm92
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 220d M Sport

Mine got delayed by 2 weeks for some unknown reason.. should be delivered by Monday 10th Nov, picking up on the Friday!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 08:15 AM   #6
sprogg
Registered
Rep
Drives: 220d SE

Finally uploaded the image of the car and have to say how pleased i am with the vehicle, most impressive.

On the down-side and something I feel BMW have either completely overlooked or deliberately fudged is the inability to connect an iPhone to the i-drive unit.

I've not invested in the snap-in connector as I have my phone in a protective case that I don't want to keep fitting every time I remove it from the car. So I invested in the Y splitter cable (USB/Aux leads) and it occasionally plays music from the phone.

Sometimes it requires the music to be started from the phone, other times it can be operated from the idrive system, but now it has taken to showing only the radio station the iPhone was last tuned to.

Its completely bizzare and not something I'd expect of a quality vehicle. Every other vehicle I've used has always managed to select and play media from my iPhone via that vehicles interface. Why BMW cannot achieve this is beyond me. Bluetooth has been around some 20 years now, so it shouldn't be an issue.

So, if anyone can advise what I'm doing wrong or if I need anything I would be most grateful.

Otherwise a great car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-08-2015, 09:30 AM   #7
dharo1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Previous: F22 M235i ; F80 M3 ;

Alpine white! Favorite color. Congrats.

I haven't had that problem on mine. I think you should take it back to the dealer.
Appreciate 0