E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Quick Question about Dinan

12-22-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
uhcoug2011
Uhcoug2011
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

Quick Question about Dinan

I've done a search but haven't seemed to find anything helpful....I was just wondering if one were to get a Dinan Flash and Dinan were to come out with a upgraded flash in the future would I automatically receive the update at no charge?....Thanks for the help =)
      12-22-2007, 02:28 PM   #2
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i Xdrive

This is part of ORB's post but the relevant info is below

Installation:

The installation took just under two hours since this was the dealers first 335i flash so they took the extra time to do a road test and a post diagnostics to see if any codes were thrown…no problems. The cost was 2000.00 + 1 hour labor. They did reset adaptation on the transmission and other devices. The software does take several miles to run at its full potential just like the PROcede and they should tell you just like the Dinan rep told me at the dealership.

Questions:

I asked a few questions you all wanted know:

1. If a BMW dealer reloads software, due to warranty reasons, to a new revision then the Diana flash will be reinstalled at no charge. There is no limit to the install but it is only covered over the four year warranty. After the warranty period the cost is 1 hour labor. If you have the BMW software load at another dealer then no problem it is still free as long as you show the paper work.
2. The software is guaranteed to be upwards compatible and new revision of the Diana are made available quickly when issue due occur. In short, they test new version of BMW software for compatibility.
3. You bought software and it is locked to you vehicle. You are entitled to equivalent upgrade at your expense (1 hour labor) or when there is a know issue much the same way as you get BMW upgrades so it free if there problem and you pay because you just want it.
4. The software can be transferred if the vehicle is written off but not when you sell it.
5. Warranty: It should be transparent to the end user. BMW determine liability apparently and charges Dinan back when they are liable. The warranty does cover consequential damage so this is broad scope. This is the way it going to work for me.
Appreciate 0