E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > cp-e™ BMW 335i Tial BOV kit- Video Clips

12-21-2007, 10:34 AM   #1
Paula@cp-e™
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 VW Jetta 1.8T

cp-e™ BMW 335i Tial BOV kit- Video Clips

Here are some clips of our Tial BOV kit. These will be available around the first of the year...

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 10:39 AM   #2
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep
Drives: 4 Wheels

Please shoot some video with the hood closed and a drive by with the normal load on the car. I am ready to buy one immediately, but I am still waiting for sound clips with the car driving.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 10:46 AM   #3
letterkills155
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335i

Garage List
08 335i  [0.00]
sounds good what is the price
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 10:49 AM   #4
ThinkEntropy
Private
Rep
Drives: Mazdaspeed6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post
Please shoot some video with the hood closed and a drive by with the normal load on the car. I am ready to buy one immediately, but I am still waiting for sound clips with the car driving.

Heh, I'll see what I can do. In hindsight some shots outside of the car would have been nice

I'll contact the customer who has this kit on his car and see if he'll grab some more videos for us. If not, I'll see if he'll swing by sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letterkills155 View Post
sounds good what is the price

Thanks! That's actually the last thing that we need to get in order. We would put the BOV in our website so that you could order it this minute, but we're still crunching the numbers to see what we can sell this kit for. We're hoping to have the price finalized by this evening.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 11:03 AM   #5
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

I'm not bashing your product, but this this is directed at BOV's in general and their use in our car: IIRC, since the engine uses a diverter valve, isn't the use of a BOV not recommended?

What is your companies philosophy on that subject?
      12-21-2007, 11:27 AM   #6
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkEntropy View Post
Heh, I'll see what I can do. In hindsight some shots outside of the car would have been nice

I'll contact the customer who has this kit on his car and see if he'll grab some more videos for us. If not, I'll see if he'll swing by sometime soon.

Thanks! That's actually the last thing that we need to get in order. We would put the BOV in our website so that you could order it this minute, but we're still crunching the numbers to see what we can sell this kit for. We're hoping to have the price finalized by this evening.

That sounds great. The DBW on this car tends to leave the throttle plate open for probably 1/2 second after you let off the gas, so it would be interesting to hear the sound the BOV makes during shifts. If it is crisp then put me #1 on the list.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 11:32 AM   #7
oct1285
Captain
Rep
Drives: Out of warranty

sounds like a kazoo
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 11:50 AM   #8
mayno
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i / 2018 BMW 430i Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
I'm not bashing your product, but this this is directed at BOV's in general and their use in our car: IIRC, since the engine uses a diverter valve, isn't the use of a BOV not recommended?

What is your companies philosophy on that subject?
aside from what you said, on a "personal" note, I think BOVs are as ricey as it gets. last thing i want is to sound like a forced inducted Integra, Supra, EVO, STI etc. of course, this is my opinion.

it's rare to see a German car use BOV...can you imagine hearing/seeing a 911 TT having one! that guy would be banished and chastised by everyone in the Porsche community. if i were a Porsche service mechanic/service advisor, I'd even refuse servicing their car until they removed it!

Of course, if you like this sort of stuff, go for it. but for me...no way!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 12:41 PM   #9
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Nice job guys. I'm already running an AA BOV on the 335, but I had a tial on my s2k and I have always liked the sound of that BOV. Good luck with the sales, i'm sure if the price is competitive you will sell them without a problem, despite all of the BOV haters that feel the need to chime in.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 01:48 PM   #10
iceefreshjimmy
CUSTOM JEWELER
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Black 335i E92

the second video looks like a robot opening/closing one of his eyes.

www.iceefresh.com

Riss Racing V2 All The Way - www.RissRacing.com
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 01:58 PM   #11
BoLaS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
++++100000000
      12-21-2007, 01:58 PM   #12
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

That sounds EXACTLY like the Tial kit released by ultimate racing several months ago. And the piping and hardware looks just like it too....

What did i tell you guys? No matter who makes the kit, as long as the same car is running the same boost with the same BOV it's gonna sound just alike.

I offered my HKS BOV sound clip when everyone was asking for sound and like 10 people were like, "oh but that's with the U-R kit, i wanna hear the CPE one" it's the same thing!

oh btw, with the windows up you won't hear the Tial blowing off...i drove one and couldn't hear it, i rode in one and couldn't hear it...if anything it's very very faint...BMW did a great job insulating the cabin

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 02:07 PM   #13
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayno View Post
aside from what you said, on a "personal" note, I think BOVs are as ricey as it gets. last thing i want is to sound like a forced inducted Integra, Supra, EVO, STI etc. of course, this is my opinion.
Oh believe me, there's no way I'm buying one unless it offers a performance improvement.

I was merely inquiring as to the engineering standpoint of using a BOV versus a DV, and if there's any negative aspects to the option.
      12-24-2007, 04:47 AM   #14
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayno View Post

it's rare to see a German car use BOV...can you imagine hearing/seeing a 911 TT having one! that guy would be banished and chastised by everyone in the Porsche community. if i were a Porsche service mechanic/service advisor, I'd even refuse servicing their car until they removed it!

Of course, if you like this sort of stuff, go for it. but for me...no way!

Lol. Rice is putting a park bench on the back of your car. BOV's are characteristic of aftermarket turbo kits. I cannot think of one that comes without one. I personally would be honored to sound like a Supra. There is no car that has ever been available in the US that carries more of a following amongst the import crowd. It and the Skyline are the legends of legends.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 11:27 AM   #15
de.abeja
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 sedan

Any diaphragm acutated BOV (TiAl, HKS, Greddy, etc...) is just as faulted a design as the OEM diverters, piston type BOV's (Forge) provide way better response and more consistant sealing.

No affiliation.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 04:30 PM   #16
4cfd bmr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 Porsche 911 GT3

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
That sounds EXACTLY like the Tial kit released by ultimate racing several months ago. And the piping and hardware looks just like it too....

What did i tell you guys? No matter who makes the kit, as long as the same car is running the same boost with the same BOV it's gonna sound just alike.

I offered my HKS BOV sound clip when everyone was asking for sound and like 10 people were like, "oh but that's with the U-R kit, i wanna hear the CPE one" it's the same thing!

oh btw, with the windows up you won't hear the Tial blowing off...i drove one and couldn't hear it, i rode in one and couldn't hear it...if anything it's very very faint...BMW did a great job insulating the cabin
The videos above are from when they installed the first production kit on my car and Spool is pretty spot on with the sound. He rode in my car and can vouch that its pretty quiet for an atmospheric BOV. I've had the Greddy type-s(old purple one) and it was louder but in a higher pitched-more annoying way. With the piping you definitely can hear the turbos spooling alittle better. The sound is much more of a pshhhhh (a rush of air) than like a high pitched squeak/whistle like the HKS SSQV.
*SOLD* 2009 E92 335i M-Sport - Space Grey Metallic
*SOLD* 2011 Lexus IS-F
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2007, 02:47 PM   #17
Dan335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe 6MT,w/sp. pack.

The only reason you should go with a high performance bov is to hold the extra boost your making when modding.That is of course if your cranking up the boost to a level that you stock DV or BOV cant handle without leaking.Other than that it is just for the sound.A HP bov will not add any hp,trq. or anything except sound,and the ability to hold more boost than your stocker.On the plus side a good bov when shifting fast at high rpm,s will keep the turbo,or turbos in our case spooled up between shifts.

Last edited by Dan335i; 12-25-2007 at 05:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2007, 04:09 PM   #18
Ryan(e92)
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG M6 coupe

Quote:
Lol. Rice is putting a park bench on the back of your car. BOV's are characteristic of aftermarket turbo kits. I cannot think of one that comes without one. I personally would be honored to sound like a Supra. There is no car that has ever been available in the US that carries more of a following amongst the import crowd. It and the Skyline are the legends of legends.
I would include the 3rd gen rx-7 in this category as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2007, 05:23 PM   #19
bimmerguy2006
BMW Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

No prices yet?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2007, 06:10 PM   #20
BoLaS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerguy2006 View Post
No prices yet?
yea prices update and still no new sound clips... jeeeze c'mon drive by sound clips and PREfrebly one with a tune of some sort (ie xede, procede, jb) to show difference in sound with increased boost!!!

12-25-2007, 11:07 PM   #21
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLaS View Post
yea prices update and still no new sound clips... jeeeze c'mon drive by sound clips and PREfrebly one with a tune of some sort (ie xede, procede, jb) to show difference in sound with increased boost!!!

+1

subscribed.
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 12:54 AM   #22
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

+2
Appreciate 0