BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-29-2014, 07:26 PM   #1
RRZ
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3

X4 Headroom

Does anyone with an X4 who uses the backseat have any thoughts about whether the headroom is sufficient?

I'm 6 foot and cannot sit in the back without my head hitting the back curve of the roofline...so the back of my head is hitting the roof and my neck is about an inch in front of the headrest. Just to be clear, there is about 2 inches of space above the front/center of my head, but the roof curves down just in front of the headrest, which causes my head to hit the roof.

Although I'm 6 foot, much of my height is in my torso and not my legs, so I have headroom problems in many cars. When I tried sitting in a 3 series sedan, my head was literally at a 45 degree angle sideways. The salesman kept saying....we have people much taller than you in these without any problem, the seat adjustment mechanism must be broken. I don't doubt that my torso height is unusual...so perhaps many people find the x4 backseat headroom sufficient. (not that I recommend daily use of the backseat by adults, but it would be nice to be able to drive an adult in the backseat when necessary and not have them crunch into a ball.

How tall have your backseat passengers been and have they complained that their heads hit the roof (good way to blow open your vertebrae when you hit a bump in the road)?

If any of you go into a BMW dealership and sit in the back seat, sit all the way back with your head against the headrest and let us know whether the top back of your head also hits the roof...
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 04:33 PM   #2
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

I am 6'3 proportionate and fit well in the X4, no touching unless I super lean back to the curve.
Appreciate 0