M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

08-25-2014, 07:28 AM   #1
Amzey1
Rep
Drives: 650i Cab, R8 V10+

F10 M5 Turner Motorsport Exhaust Fitted - video link

Just popped out to make a quick video on my iphone, excuse the bad quality and its hammering it down out there - I'll dry to get a better shot of the exhaust when the suns out and some drive bys.

Ok, so the M5 Exhaust was purchased from Tuner Motorsport, very good service, paid for it online on the Monday and it was delivered to my house on Thursday, direct from the US of A !

First impressions:
Cold start up is very loud, it idles at 1500rpm for about 30 seconds and its quite loud, then it drops to about 800rpm and its sounds like the standard setup.

Driving:
There is a distinctive drone between 1600-1900rpm but once through that no droning at all - 75-85 on the motorway in 7th is quiet like stock. When you go past 4k rpm though, wow, totally new sound, you can almost hear the pistons in the V8, you no longer need to drop the windows to hear the sound, it almost sounds like a V12 ! Great noise, not obnoxious load, just a very cultured sound and more crackle and pop on the overrun.

I would recommend this to anyone before spending £4k upwards on an Akrapovic. By the way, Evolve did the install and a very good set up they have going on there, about 4 M5s, 2 M3 E46s, an M3 V8 and a 964 Turbo thrown in for good measure ! Speak to Imran, he's a good chap.

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 02:49 PM   #2
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

HI mate, do you mind me asking what set up you went for and how much everything cost including fitment etc?

Sounds great by the way!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
Amzey1
Rep

it's a Turner Motorsport rear back box only (muffler delete), so it's just the rear tailpipes and a straight through pipe where the back box was normally.

Cost me £950 delivered but when it turned up I add to pay £170 import vat as it was coming in from the US. Then Evolve in Luton charged me £110 to fit it.

I'll try to get some more videos of it next week as I am driving to the alps and the Monza GP, so hope to have more videos up soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 09:21 AM   #4
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks mate...Does the turner unit retain the valves by any chance?....
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 04:31 AM   #5
Amzey1
Rep

No, the valves are in the rear exit pipes, so this has no valve. There is a drone at 1900-2,000rpm, but only in this very small window. If I don't have family in the car, it doesn't bother me, if I do, for example if I am driving up a hill in traffic and the autobox is keeping it in the same gear at 2k, then I just drop a gear on the paddles and its fine again, no drone.
It is the best upgrade and I really recommend it, completely transforms the car and it sounds like it should have
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 09:09 AM   #6
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep

I would have this in a flash if I would any get BMW to agree to not invalidating the warranty as a result!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 05:12 AM   #7
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbru View Post
I would have this in a flash if I would any get BMW to agree to not invalidating the warranty as a result!
Believe it or not, I have finanlly managed to get written confirmation that adding this backbox will not invalidate the rest of the warranty on the car...

Think this may need to be a new years late christmas present for myself!
Appreciate 0