ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

08-17-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone F80 M3

Valentine1 Installation with Savvy

Wired up my Valentine1 with Savvy yesterday, and just shot a video of it. The wires by the door is a little loose. I will see if there is a better way to tidy up the wires that is also reversible. I like the location of the V1 as it is not very visible from the outside.

08-17-2014, 08:01 PM   #2
bishop4142
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
  [0.00]
I installed the V1 with savvy. I mounted the V1 by the rear view mirror and ran the wire tucked in the gap between the windshield and liner. I tucked the wire in the gap across the A puller. Next I used a trim tool to lift the trim between the side if the dash and where the door closes and tucked the wire in the ga. At the bottom there is enough room to tuck in to the OBD. I used velcro to hold the R jack up out of place. When finished the only wire visible is where it plugs in to the V1
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2014, 09:03 PM   #3
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop4142 View Post
I installed the V1 with savvy. I mounted the V1 by the rear view mirror and ran the wire tucked in the gap between the windshield and liner. I tucked the wire in the gap across the A puller. Next I used a trim tool to lift the trim between the side if the dash and where the door closes and tucked the wire in the ga. At the bottom there is enough room to tuck in to the OBD. I used velcro to hold the R jack up out of place. When finished the only wire visible is where it plugs in to the V1
Cool! Could you take a few pictures to show how your route the wires around the OBD and the door jam? Thanks.
      08-17-2014, 09:41 PM   #4
bishop4142
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
Cool! Could you take a few pictures to show how your route the wires around the OBD and the door jam? Thanks.
Send me your email pictures are too large
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 08:51 AM   #5
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Wired up my Valentine1 with Savvy yesterday, and just shot a video of it. The wires by the door is a little loose. I will see if there is a better way to tidy up the wires that is also reversible. I like the location of the V1 as it is not very visible from the outside.
Sir Loin, a neater way to run the wires would be to run them through the gap where the A pillar trim and headliner meet. Just use a trim tool or credit
card to stuff it in. Then the strip that looks like felt that runs all the way down to the footwell lifts up and you can tuck the wires in there and run it all the way down. The wires can then tuck into the gap between the dash panels so they don't hang down over the trunk button. Easy peasy.
Attached Images

Last edited by Wah; 08-18-2014 at 08:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 11:45 AM   #6
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Sir Loin, a neater way to run the wires would be to run them through the gap where the A pillar trim and headliner meet. Just use a trim tool or credit
card to stuff it in. Then the strip that looks like felt that runs all the way down to the footwell lifts up and you can tuck the wires in there and run it all the way down. The wires can then tuck into the gap between the dash panels so they don't hang down over the trunk button. Easy peasy.
Thank you! Thank you! I will redo the routing based on your recommendation. That indeed is a much better solution. Thanks.
      08-18-2014, 12:20 PM   #7
tisme
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 in Sakhir Orange

Garage List
My V1 Savvy is plugged into the OBC socket and the wire hidden behind the trim until it comes out by the mirror.

Anyone else find the V1 continuously detects a signal to the rear?
      08-18-2014, 02:44 PM   #8
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisme View Post
Anyone else find the V1 continuously detects a signal to the rear?
Yes, mine does that. I did some research on this. The rear sensors that come with the driver assistance plus package uses K-band, and they trigger V1 all the time. Other cars with such features have the same issue. See here:

http://veilguy.blogspot.com/2007/05/...ence-with.html

With V1, you can change the settings of it to make it better. Here is a link on how and what you can change the settings: http://<br /> http://www.valentine1...echreport3.asp

My V1 is over 10 years old and has very old hardware and software revision. I changed the G option (mute rear K-band) and the V1 continues to beep. I just sent mine in today for the $200 upgrade. When it comes back, I will try a few things. I will probably try disabling Traffic Monitor Filter 't' option first. If that doesn't work, I will try G and/or the J option.
      08-18-2014, 05:49 PM   #9
Skycat
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:

Thanks Sir Loin! Couldn't be a better timing, I just received my V1 and Savvy in the mail today! Now all I need is THE car
      08-19-2014, 04:19 AM   #10
tisme
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 in Sakhir Orange

Garage List
Thanks Sir Loin. My V1 has software revision 3.89 and I will disable K band at the rear with setting "G".

I've done something similar with my V1 installation to what you have done and I'll upload a video on how I've hidden the cables.

One problem is the LED fascia on the V1 is slanted to the wrong side as our driving seats are on the right and not the left (wrong side) so it slopes away from me rather than to me.