F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Has anyone swapped F30 Msport to F10 Msport?
Extreme Powerhouse

08-07-2014, 01:02 PM   #1
Sabo
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F21 M140i

Has anyone swapped F30 Msport to F10 Msport?

I just had a F10 520d Msport plus for a day as I'm seriously considering changing my car not because anything wrong with mine but I'm just a bit bored of it. It's not 330 performance but it have enough pulling power for the mixed driving I had but more importantly I really enjoyed the comfort of it and though it was was very refined. Very different driving experience. In my I feel like an angry bird who has to push it hard all the time in the 5 felt very relaxed a lot more chilled just enjoying the more luxurious environment. It was with the n47 2.0d if I order one would come with MY2015 2.0d with 400NM and 190Bhp and some other changes to the engine including sound so it'be an even better engine then the current one.
I was wondering if there's anyone made similar changes or had both models in the past and if so how did you find it, did you regret?
Originally I wanted a 4 GC but there's hardly any discounts available plus waiting time increasing heavily on them.
Any experience/opinion welcome!

Last edited by Sabo; 08-07-2014 at 01:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

I didn't swap in the end, but I would prefer an F10 over an F30, much more refined and a ton of other enhancements over the F30. Having said that I wouldn't swap a six cylinder F30 for a 4 pot F10. I think I would regret that.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 01:41 PM   #3
Sabo
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F21 M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
I didn't swap in the end, but I would prefer an F10 over an F30, much more refined and a ton of other enhancements over the F30. Having said that I wouldn't swap a six cylinder F30 for a 4 pot F10. I think I would regret that.
I'm going to have a go in a 530d in a few days as well and it wouldn't be a lot more expensive on PCP either but I just can't see when would I'll be able to use or enjoy that extra power as that's my struggle and frustration in my current car as it's there but can't use it. The 2.0d in the 5 did feel and sound very different to the 320d I drove a few months back and with the changes to the engines it might just got more refined. I'm still thinking about it and my wife doesn't like it anyway but at least drove it today unlike 2years ago when I had one for a test drive and she refused to drive it but we had an E90 325d at the time at it was a lot smaller compared to the F10 but compare to F30 a lot less difference.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 02:16 PM   #4
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saby View Post
I'm going to have a go in a 530d in a few days as well and it wouldn't be a lot more expensive on PCP either but I just can't see when would I'll be able to use or enjoy that extra power as that's my struggle and frustration in my current car as it's there but can't use it. The 2.0d in the 5 did feel and sound very different to the 320d I drove a few months back and with the changes to the engines it might just got more refined. I'm still thinking about it and my wife doesn't like it anyway but at least drove it today unlike 2years ago when I had one for a test drive and she refused to drive it but we had an E90 325d at the time at it was a lot smaller compared to the F10 but compare to F30 a lot less difference.
To be honest the 520d is very impressive, significantly quieter in the engine department than the 320d installation, and perfectly powerful enough for general commuting......but come on......can't use the 3 litre power in Warwickshire I could use it in London in rush hour
Appreciate 0