THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Ordering M Performance Exhaust as a port installed option

08-02-2014, 03:15 PM   #1
E46toF22
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

Ordering M Performance Exhaust as a port installed option

I've just ordered the MPE as one of the options for my new M235i (apparently I'll be waiting longer for my 6MT RWD because they're building AWDs first, so I could be looking @ four months instead of 2, but I'm not bitter). It seems like my Canadian dealer doesn't have a lot of info on including the MPE in the order.

Here's my question. If I order it as an accessory, I understand I have to order the tips separately, and I get a choice of ordering it with the diffuser or without.

When it's ordered as part of the build, it seems there is one box the CA checks off to select the MPE. The code is Z4Y. I assume that includes everything - exhaust, tips and diffuser. Can someone who's ordered it as an option tell me if that's correct?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #2
Negesh
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

I ordered the MPE with my car from the factory and the dealer wasn't sure if it included the diffuser. I am hoping it does, but not counting on it...
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 09:38 PM   #3
E46toF22
Canada
Rep

You'd think there's be an easier way to find these things out. Hopefully by the time it gets closer to production my dealer will have a better idea of what's included. Let me know what you get - and enjoy the xdrive in the Calgary winter!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 04:12 PM   #4
Negesh
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46toF22 View Post
You'd think there's be an easier way to find these things out. Hopefully by the time it gets closer to production my dealer will have a better idea of what's included. Let me know what you get - and enjoy the xdrive in the Calgary winter!
Haha yeah it would be nice if they knew 100% what each option included. In the internal BMW model year change PDF they show the MPE as an option and the picture shows it with the diffuser but still no guarantee.

My car is on a boat to Halifax as we speak so I can update once i take delivery.

Also lets not mention the "W" word....
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 05:26 PM   #5
E46toF22
Canada
Rep

You'll be fine - I'm sure you'll have a few good weeks of driving before the snow hits. Besides, you get chinooks out there!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #6
bladeomatic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

I had to order the exhaust and tips separately. (Dealer installed before delivery). The MP diffuser is a separate part and sits out from the car farther, so you'll need the extra adaptor that kicks the tailpipes out far enough, I believe.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 11:36 PM   #7
S1LV3RSAMURA1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i M-Sport

What are u guys paying for the M performance install after delivery? If you don't mind me asking. I just ordered a 328i M Sport with the Sports auto paddle shifters and thought about an exhaust upgrade.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 05:16 PM   #8
abirmaher
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 & 2024 BMW X1 M35i

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negesh View Post
I ordered the MPE with my car from the factory and the dealer wasn't sure if it included the diffuser. I am hoping it does, but not counting on it...
Unless you order the diffusor too it won't. Theres 2 different exhausts or tip set ups (i am unclear) available, one for the diffusor and one for stock. The one for the normal diffusor is cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 01:32 PM   #9
triplezoom
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46toF22 View Post
I've just ordered the MPE as one of the options for my new M235i (apparently I'll be waiting longer for my 6MT RWD because they're building AWDs first, so I could be looking @ four months instead of 2, but I'm not bitter). It seems like my Canadian dealer doesn't have a lot of info on including the MPE in the order.

Here's my question. If I order it as an accessory, I understand I have to order the tips separately, and I get a choice of ordering it with the diffuser or without.

When it's ordered as part of the build, it seems there is one box the CA checks off to select the MPE. The code is Z4Y. I assume that includes everything - exhaust, tips and diffuser. Can someone who's ordered it as an option tell me if that's correct?

Thanks in advance.
I recently ordered the M235i with the MPE and a good of mine who works at the BMW Canadian Head Office over in Richmond Hill informed me that the option includes both the exhaust and stainless steel tips but not the diffuser. Hope that clears things up for everyone.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 11:31 AM   #10
E46toF22
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplezoom View Post
I recently ordered the M235i with the MPE and a good of mine who works at the BMW Canadian Head Office over in Richmond Hill informed me that the option includes both the exhaust and stainless steel tips but not the diffuser. Hope that clears things up for everyone.
Thanks - not the answer I was hoping for, but helpful (the BMW Canada reps I spoke to yesterday didn't seem to have much info on the MPE) - so I take it the diffuser's a dealer-installed accessory? Or is there a way to add it to the build?
Appreciate 0