E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede..."Need for SPEED"

12-14-2007, 09:31 PM   #1
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Procede..."Need for SPEED"

I finally got my laptop working with the USB through the glove box connection and I love it...It kind of made me feel like the movie "Need for Speed" I mean datalogging my runs and looking at the guages and all those numbers trickling up and down that corresponds to my engine function...Its just awesome..My friend was sitting with the laptop on top of him looking at the boost spikes for me and he was just in awe...I told him that i was able to load different maps and set different torque settings to make the car run the way I want it to...He was just amazed and ask me where i got this program from and that he wanted to have one for his Honda!!!!! In conclusion, I am really happy with the Procede and its power output, but the best part about it is the fact that i can fiddle with the computer and as an enthusiast it just makes me feel so much more in-TUNED with the car...Yes others provide similar powers, but for what its worth Procede is worth every $1500 that i spend because indeed i am living the movie "NEED FOR SPEED" when i have the laptop in the car!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 09:38 PM   #2
daisy16905
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I finally got my laptop working with the USB through the glove box connection and I love it...It kind of made me feel like the movie "Need for Speed" I mean datalogging my runs and looking at the guages and all those numbers trickling up and down that corresponds to my engine function...Its just awesome..My friend was sitting with the laptop on top of him looking at the boost spikes for me and he was just in awe...I told him that i was able to load different maps and set different torque settings to make the car run the way I want it to...He was just amazed and ask me where i got this program from and that he wanted to have one for his Honda!!!!! In conclusion, I am really happy with the Procede and its power output, but the best part about it is the fact that i can fiddle with the computer and as an enthusiast it just makes me feel so much more in-TUNED with the car...Yes others provide similar powers, but for what its worth Procede is worth every $1500 that i spend because indeed i am living the movie "NEED FOR SPEED" when i have the laptop in the car!!!!
I would love to get my usb cable into the glove box too

Let us know what you are finding with the data logs, boost spikes, octane, and torque settings
M235i (Black) Auto, JB 4 (Stage 2 / Map 7 with EWG & FF wires) ER DP, resonator delete, running E35, BMW Performance LSD, Hankook Ventus R-S3's (255/35/18 & 235/40/18) ATE Super Blue Racing brake fluid, 35% tint, black grills!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 09:51 PM   #3
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk View Post
hahah. sounds awesome man. im glad u got everything up and running and, enjoying it. maybe one day we can meet up so i can see how this all works. and the power of v2
Def we can meet up for sure, I even let to drive the car and you decide what u think of the V2...Next time I see you at a meet or maybe the FFB!!!
Right now this weather just plain old sucks!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 10:06 PM   #4
j|rz44
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i|E92

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
yeah usb throught the GB is a great DIY...
the whole setup is a great mod.

Congrats
      12-14-2007, 10:14 PM   #5
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

its definately a great mod especially with all these changes and maps, plus the need to bump up the values of the torque % to reach maximum boost output recommended by Shiv at 14-15.5 at 5500 rpms...It just would suck to always get into that Ecu cover to update...But also its a new gizmo in the car that u can play around with and bug out with...People who see it will think that your a total GEARHEAD!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 11:54 PM   #6
nyc335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

sounds cool dude...once the weather gets better we should all have a meet at FBF.
Appreciate 0