GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

07-26-2014, 10:06 AM   #1
pharm3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 Subaru WRX STi

Driving Schools/HPDE Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharm3 View Post
So...my schedule (ie, the wife) permits one event in August. I can't do both. I am considering the Windy City BMW event at Gingerman and the Hooked On Driving event. I did the HOD event last year and it was great. The drivers were great and I got plenty of track time.

I would do the HOD event again, but also want to try out a BMW CCA event. I'm wondering if anybody has had any experience with either. Would you recommend one over the other?

Wondering if anybody had an opinion on this. I posted first in the regional forums but didn't get much love. Help?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 08:54 AM   #2
MaynardZed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy

Garage List
I'm not familiar with either of those clubs (although I've heard good things about HOD from other people). My suggestion is to based your decision on which track they are running at. If one has a certain track you like or one you want to try I would go there.

You take the Subaru to BMW CCA?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 10:09 AM   #3
pharm3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 Subaru WRX STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaynardZed View Post
I'm not familiar with either of those clubs (although I've heard good things about HOD from other people). My suggestion is to based your decision on which track they are running at. If one has a certain track you like or one you want to try I would go there.

You take the Subaru to BMW CCA?
Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't planning on taking the subaru to the BMW CCA event. I have a new BSM/SO M3 that I'll take to both events - I suppose I should update my profile. Unfortunately, I haven't come across a lot of info on the chapter's site. I'm guessing either one will be a good event - and because they're both at the same track (GingerMan in South Haven, MI), the track decision becomes a non-issue.

First world problems I suppose.....
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 11:32 AM   #4
PrimeBMW
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3

If you are a beginner or intermediate driver either would be a good choice. Both national organizations have a good reputation.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 01:42 PM   #5
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S4

Can't go wrong with either event. If you go to the BMW event, I'll see you there, would be awesome to see the new M3

IMO you should try to get out to Grattan. That is an incredible track and you live close. There's a Motorcity BMC CCA HPDE out there in Sept, I'd also go to that but have to go to a wedding
Appreciate 0