E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > LCI XM Antenna wiring / hookup??

07-23-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
cdaniel525
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive

LCI XM Antenna wiring / hookup??

Curious where on my 2011 335i I can find the antenna end of the SiriusXM antenna that is in the shark fin? I know on the pre-LCI cars there was a buncf of wiring in the trunk and the SMB connector was right behind the rear seats. I looked in my 2011 and there is absolutely nothing there!!

I know the car is pre-wired for SiriusXM as BIMMERTECH.NET confirmed it for me as I was going to go with his activation, but my head unit was not XM ready, so I am going to use my Starmate Replay, but would like to tap into the original antenna in the shark fin....

ive had no luck searching for the past hour unfortunately so hoping someone would know... Thanks in advance!!
Chris
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2014, 07:22 AM   #2
Sparty
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi

There's a pink Fakra connection wire that is connected to the back of the professional radio. I disconnected it and noticed no loss of functionality, so coupled with that and the fact that when the connection was in the trunk it looked exactly the same, I think that's where the antenna went. I'm actually right in the middle of installing an xm sportster using this as the antenna, so I'll let you know if I'm successful or not.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 04:48 PM   #3
Sparty
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi

Just wanted to update this and say that the pink wire was indeed the satellite antenna.
Appreciate 0